WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mollohan - I was for it, .... but I voted against it.

2 posters

Go down

Mollohan - I was for it, .... but I voted against it. Empty Mollohan - I was for it, .... but I voted against it.

Post by SamCogar Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:42 pm

Mollohan votes to kill expanded drilling measure

But lawmaker says he favors the concept

Congressman Alan Mollohan sided with eight other Democrats in temporarily killing a measure that would have allowed expanded offshore oil drilling in an attempt to curb rising fuel costs.

But Mollohan's spokesman said the congressman actually supports the idea and voted against the measure for procedural reasons.

Rep. John Peterson, R-Pa., tried to pass an amendment to the Interior Department spending bill that would have lifted a 27-year moratorium on oil drilling in the outer continental shelf - which lies between 50 and 200 miles off U.S. coasts and is under federal government jurisdiction.

http://www.dailymail.com/News/statenews/200806130180

He must have good friends in oil rich places.

Mollohan - I was for it, .... but I voted against it. 197570

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Mollohan - I was for it, .... but I voted against it. Empty Re: Mollohan - I was for it, .... but I voted against it.

Post by Cato Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:25 pm

SamCogar wrote:
Mollohan votes to kill expanded drilling measure

But lawmaker says he favors the concept

Congressman Alan Mollohan sided with eight other Democrats in temporarily killing a measure that would have allowed expanded offshore oil drilling in an attempt to curb rising fuel costs.

But Mollohan's spokesman said the congressman actually supports the idea and voted against the measure for procedural reasons.

Rep. John Peterson, R-Pa., tried to pass an amendment to the Interior Department spending bill that would have lifted a 27-year moratorium on oil drilling in the outer continental shelf - which lies between 50 and 200 miles off U.S. coasts and is under federal government jurisdiction.

http://www.dailymail.com/News/statenews/200806130180

He must have good friends in oil rich places.

Mollohan - I was for it, .... but I voted against it. 197570

Mollohan is little more than a two bit flunky owned by the environmental movement.

Cato

Number of posts : 2010
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down