WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Too Little too Late?

3 posters

Go down

Too Little too Late? Empty Too Little too Late?

Post by sodbuster Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:51 am

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601081&sid=a_RuEiTl9qWM&refer=australia

Well it looks like the grandstanders may have held President Bush's rescue package up too long to avoid a worldwide recession. Or worse.

It looks like Toyota suffered it's biggest losses since the Reagan crash of 1987.

Maybe if they hit the deck running with the implementation of the plan Congress finally passed they can avoid an even worse crisis.

sodbuster

Number of posts : 1890
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Too Little too Late? Empty Re: Too Little too Late?

Post by Aaron Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:04 am

Sherm my man, I don't need this in a bad way but I do believe you would politicize the end of times.

And if I'm not mistaken, I'm pretty sure Toyota took a pretty big hit during the 1997 Asian financial crisis.

Have no fear though. It wasn't Clinton's fault. It was either a delayed result to Bush I or had something to do with Newt's Congress, I'm not sure. All I can say for certain is that it had to be a Republicans fault.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:28 am

Sherm my man, I don't need this in a bad way but I do believe you would politicize the end of times.

The "end of times" has already been politicized for at least 2000 years or so. So why wouldn't we expect it to continue until "the end of times"?
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:55 am

Because it's time for change.

The Great Orator has said so!!!
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbuster Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:02 pm

Aaron did you even bother to read my redference link?

Toyota suffered its biggest hit since the Reagan crash of 87.

Just like I said.

I guess you dont agree that Reagan had the biggest deficits (other than President Bush) either?

I realize you guys dont like to mention Reagan in other than a glorifying, or deifying, way.

But facts are facts.

sodbuster

Number of posts : 1890
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:32 pm

I went in the Army in the early 80's Sherm. I know the condition we were in with equipment, pay and benefits after 10 years of Vietnam and then Carter gutting the military. Half the time troops couldn't train with real bullets because they didn't have any. I knew a lot of good soldiers who had been in for a lot of years that despised Carter for his treatment of the military.

Had Russia invaded western Europe in the late 70's/early 80's they would have annilated us. I don't drink the Ronnie kool aid. I know his deregulation led to a lot of troubles but I also know had he not built up the military, there would have been no end to the cold war. He ran the largest deficit because he HAD to.

And yes, I read you're link. There is no mention of the 1997 Asisn crisis. Perhaps you should do a little research on that.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down