WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kanawha school board OKs random employee drug tests

+2
wvsasha
Stephanie
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Kanawha school board OKs random employee drug tests - Page 2 Empty Re: Kanawha school board OKs random employee drug tests

Post by ziggy Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:24 am

JESUS, Stephanie. I run stop signs damn near every day.

But it ain't because I am impaired by marijuana. I am just impaired, period. And that ain't a crime.
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Kanawha school board OKs random employee drug tests - Page 2 Empty Re: Kanawha school board OKs random employee drug tests

Post by Stephanie Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:40 am

I really hope you're kidding.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:48 am

Not really. I have this habit of watching traffic, not signs and signals. Aholes are always blowing their horns at me for ignoring leading green arrow lights. I don't have wrecks, and I don't get tickets. But damn near everyone blows at me, impatient bastards that they are.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:35 am

GOOD GRIEF, ….. Terry, the only reason you are defending “spaced out” Teachers on drugs that are in charge of, supervising, teaching children …….. is because you see absolutely no problem with you yourself interacting with your own children.

Sam. STFU. I'll bet your kid(s) don't even talk to you.

TerryRC

Number of posts : 2762
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:38 am

Barack Obama has worked closely with domestic terrorist Bill Ayers [airs], whose organization bombed the US Capitol, the Pentagon, a judge's home, and killed Americans.

It is a fib.

I'm not voting for Obama but I hate to see fibs.

Obama and Ayers served on a couple of boards together. There were also GOPers on those boards.

If Keli and I served on a committee together, would you expect us to be "buddies"?

So the pharmacist that won't do his job because of his beliefs should be praised and accommodated but this girl should have been fired.

Total hypocrisy.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:37 am

Terry,

I didn't say she should have been fired. I said, she should either take a leave of absence or find another job. She wasn't fired, she quit.

I couldn't care less whether or not you believe Ayers & Obama are buddies. They worked together, more than once. Ayers held at least one fundraiser for Obama. There is more than just a casual connection there.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:55 am

ziggy wrote:Give her a test for impairment- just like with alcohol. And if there isn't one, then by god invent one! We can send people to the moon but we can't invent a test for marijuana impairmet? Bull!

There isn't one. Logically speaking, I would think those who want this sort of testing would be motivated to find one.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:53 pm

I couldn't care less whether or not you believe Ayers & Obama are buddies. They worked together, more than once. Ayers held at least one fundraiser for Obama. There is more than just a casual connection there.

Says you.

Cindy McCain gives money to a charity that Ayers' has chaired.

Perhaps there is more than a casual connection there...

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:35 pm

Aaron wrote:
ziggy wrote:Give her a test for impairment- just like with alcohol. And if there isn't one, then by god invent one! We can send people to the moon but we can't invent a test for marijuana impairmet? Bull!

There isn't one. Logically speaking, I would think those who want this sort of testing would be motivated to find one.

The "pee in a cup" industry will work to make damn sure there ain't gonna be one. After all, why market a marijuana impairment test that could be used only with probable cause- and that would replace the more lucrative "test everybody randomly" industry?
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:24 am

Just like those opposed to a national championship series in college football, you're showing your ignorance Frank.

Most companies that test randomly do only a very small percentage of their workforce every year whereas if there was a reliable test that could show impairment it would not only be used more by managers who suspect probably cause which would exceed the random use in a short time, it would have other uses that would increase it's use as well.

Regardless, there is nothing illegal or invasive about using random test and if the employee doesn't want to subject themselves to a random test, then find other employment.

It's that simple.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2