Why Gaza, .... and not Pakistan?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why Gaza, .... and not Pakistan?

Post by SamCogar on Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:11 am

The world fretted over the situation in Gaza, but .

Westerners have largely failed to condemn a much larger humanitarian concern in the North West Frontier Province of Pakistan, where the Taliban have killed many more people than died in Gaza.

The News newspaper in Pakistan reported 170 schools and government buildings have been bombed or torched since Jan. 15.

"Also, more people have been killed in violence and military operations in the (Swat) valley than in the Israeli onslaught in Gaza - but the people have been unfortunate not to get due attention of the government, politico-religious parties and civil society, who have been crowding the streets to protest the killing of Palestinians," the News reported.

The forces that are trying to take over Gaza have ruthless cousins in Pakistan. The world needs to be scrupulously even-handed in holding people responsible for violence.

Not just because Pakistan, unlike Palestine, has nukes, but because it's fair and honest.

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238
Registration date : 2007-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Gaza, .... and not Pakistan?

Post by umairwasi on Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:57 am

SamCogar wrote:
The world fretted over the situation in Gaza, but .

Westerners have largely failed to condemn a much larger humanitarian concern in the North West Frontier Province of Pakistan, where the Taliban have killed many more people than died in Gaza.

The News newspaper in Pakistan reported 170 schools and government buildings have been bombed or torched since Jan. 15.

"Also, more people have been killed in violence and military operations in the (Swat) valley than in the Israeli onslaught in Gaza - but the people have been unfortunate not to get due attention of the government, politico-religious parties and civil society, who have been crowding the streets to protest the killing of Palestinians," the News reported.

The forces that are trying to take over Gaza have ruthless cousins in Pakistan. The world needs to be scrupulously even-handed in holding people responsible for violence.

Not just because Pakistan, unlike Palestine, has nukes, but because it's fair and honest.

Pakistan try its best to fight the terrorism here in Swat and other northern areas of Khyber Pakhtun Khwa (NWFP). There will be no way for international community to intervene in the internal matters of Pakistan as US already give relevant support and aid to Pakies for coping the situation.
umairwasi

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-08-28

View user profile http://vopn.forumsc.net

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar on Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:23 am

I see that I failed to post the url link to the above quote.

Anyway, I concer with your statement of: "There will be no way for international community to intervene in the internal matters of Pakistan".

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie on Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:25 am

There will be no way for international community to intervene in the internal matters of Pakistan

I believe there is never a "good" way to intervene in the internal matters of another nation, unless that nation asks for assistance. Even then options are limited and so should be the response.

-Ron Paul
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

View user profile http://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by umairwasi on Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:49 am

SamCogar wrote:I see that I failed to post the url link to the above quote.

Anyway, I concer with your statement of: "There will be no way for international community to intervene in the internal matters of Pakistan".

It doesn't matter as the message you want to deliver is reached to your desired audience. I did not want to warn or hurt any State/Nation in my statement, if you feel so then accept my appology as well.
umairwasi

Back to top Go down

Post by umairwasi on Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:52 am

Stephanie wrote:
There will be no way for international community to intervene in the internal matters of Pakistan

I believe there is never a "good" way to intervene in the internal matters of another nation, unless that nation asks for assistance. Even then options are limited and so should be the response.

I think you have better clarified my statement
umairwasi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top