WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GMO crops a good investment.

3 posters

Go down

GMO crops a good investment. Empty GMO crops a good investment.

Post by TerryRC Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:18 am

If one is looking to invest, look for companies that are modifying crops to grow in low moisture situations.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7220807.stm

This will happen [droughts] in the American Midwest before the next couple of decades are out. Hell's bells - the Ogalla Aquifer is almost dry!

TerryRC

Number of posts : 2762
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

GMO crops a good investment. Empty Re: GMO crops a good investment.

Post by SamCogar Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:30 am

Quite possibly, I was watching a documentary on "irrigation" a couple weeks ago wherein they stated the "water table" in Nebraska I think it was, was down 30+ feet from what it used to be.

Oops, was just checking and I thought it covered more of Texas than this map shows.

Ogallala Aquifer

Maybe the Corps should be building impoundments and Dams in the upper midwest instead of levees in New Orleans.

The "water table" is way down in WV and other areas also, but not because of the "pumping it dry".

There is so much roads and infrastructure now that it "channels" most of the rainwater and snowmelt off into the streams and rivers and it never gets a chance to "soak into the ground" or if it does it flows out of a "cut bank".

If one drives the Interstate in the Winter time ........ they can see where this occurs by the "icicles" that have formed on the "cut bank" of those hi-walls.

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:28 pm

I saw on a show from discovery that the roads are blamed for wildlife such as the Grizzly and wolf's habitats. Seems they don't much care for crossing roads.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down