WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Shack

2 posters

Go down

The Shack Empty The Shack

Post by Keli Sun May 03, 2009 1:55 am

Dear fellow Christian,

I was given a copy of the Bestseller, The Shack. I have not yet had a chance to read it. However, someone asked me what I thought about it. So, I turned to a reliable source–one that I highly respect–for its opinion.

That source is here: http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/BookReviews/shack.htm The reviewer states, ” If ever there was truth, it is in the verses above. (II Timothy 2:15,16, Ephesians 4:14) A book like The Shack by William P. Young will succeed only in increasing ungodliness because it has no truth in it concerning God the Father, the Trinity, or the Christian life and no where will you find a salvation message. What a missed opportunity if ever there was one. In my opinion it is a fiction that in key places, tugs at the heart strings and creates a web of emotion in which the reader is caught and drawn into a world of deception and lies. Those who know little or nothing about the true nature of God trying to decide what they believe and are at a fork in the road will undoubtedly follow the wrong road. A large crowd going in the same direction does not mean they are going the right way.”

Pastor Terry Hagedorn t.k.hagedorn@frontiernet.net
Calvary Baptist Church, Reedsville, WV 26547
304-864-3870 http://mountainmanna.com

“Pointing Mountaineers to Mount Calvary”
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

The Shack Empty Re: The Shack

Post by SamCogar Sun May 03, 2009 6:37 am

A large crowd going in the same direction does not mean they are going the right way

WOW, can I use that to describe the Al Gore et el Global Warming Alarmists?

But anyway, you know that ole saying don'tja,

If you want a Best Seller,

get it banned in Boston.

Such dastardly criticism as above ...... will only make more people curious enough to buy and read that book.

The Shack 249131 The Shack 249131

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Sun May 03, 2009 7:54 am

SamCogar wrote:
A large crowd going in the same direction does not mean they are going the right way

WOW, can I use that to describe the Al Gore et el Global Warming Alarmists?

Lemmings?
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: