Sin taxes are the real sin being perpetrated.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sin taxes are the real sin being perpetrated. - Page 2 Empty Re: Sin taxes are the real sin being perpetrated.

Post by SamCogar on Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:41 am

ziggy wrote: Then don't buy the beer and liquor. Or don't buy the cigarettes. Or buy both and drink and smoke to you heart's content. It's your choice.

Here is hopeing they will put a $100/month surcharge on just your electricity Bill so that we can hear you bitch, cry and moan ....... and then we can tell you to "just don't buy it", ...... because you can do without it by buying candles or kerosene to light your way to the outhouse.

Sin taxes are the real sin being perpetrated. - Page 2 33948 Sin taxes are the real sin being perpetrated. - Page 2 33948 Sin taxes are the real sin being perpetrated. - Page 2 33948

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238
Registration date : 2007-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sin taxes are the real sin being perpetrated. - Page 2 Empty Re: Sin taxes are the real sin being perpetrated.

Post by ohio county on Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:11 am

You've danced all around this issue without ever addressing any of our concerns. I hope Mrs. Ziggy enjoyed the liquor and the birthday dance and didn't have any questions she wanted to discuss. My compliments and best wishes to her...

ohio county

Number of posts : 3207

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie on Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:48 am

Yes, please extend my regards to Mrs. Ziggy too.

When you're ready to discuss the issues we raised let me know. Smile

-Ron Paul
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

View user profile http://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy on Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:35 am

ziggy wrote: Then don't buy the beer and liquor. Or don't buy the cigarettes. Or buy both and drink and smoke to you heart's content. It's your choice.

Here is hopeing they will put a $100/month surcharge on just your electricity Bill so that we can hear you bitch, cry and moan ....... and then we can tell you to "just don't buy it", ...... because you can do without it by buying candles or kerosene to light your way to the outhouse.

Sin taxes are the real sin being perpetrated. - Page 2 33948 Sin taxes are the real sin being perpetrated. - Page 2 33948 Sin taxes are the real sin being perpetrated. - Page 2 33948

As the little man said, bring it on.

All of life is about priorities.

A country boy can survive.
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie on Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:28 pm

Aren't you the least bit upset that we now have a government who doesn't want us to prosper?

I don't want to survive. I want to live.

-Ron Paul
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

View user profile http://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron on Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:31 pm

I doubt you'll get a proponent of taxes to ever admit any tax is wrong. In fact, theyíll justify any tax in any manner they can. This thread proves it. After all, itís more money for the government and we all know thatís what they desire.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county on Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:21 pm

Obama addressed this last night:

He said that you may not need the operation and can do very well on the pain medication. Once Obamacare is instituted I'd like to see a country boy or anyone else survive. That decision will be taken out of your hands. But don't worry - poor folk won't have the option to smoke anymore.

ohio county

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy on Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:22 pm

Stephanie wrote:Aren't you the least bit upset that we now have a government who doesn't want us to prosper?

That depends on what you mean by "prosper". The government wants the financiers of politicians' political campaigns to prosper, for sure.

The system is managed such that some number of people are always unemployed, with others only marginally employed, and with others at almost infinite numbers of levels beyond that.

How can everyone "prosper" when the economic system is perpetually managed- no matter who holds what political office- such that there are always some people losing the class struggles, and others just barely get by? It's the American way.
ziggy
ziggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron on Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:53 pm

ziggy wrote:
Stephanie wrote:Aren't you the least bit upset that we now have a government who doesn't want us to prosper?

That depends on what you mean by "prosper". The government wants the financiers of politicians' political campaigns to prosper, for sure.

The system is managed such that some number of people are always unemployed, with others only marginally employed, and with others at almost infinite numbers of levels beyond that.

How can everyone "prosper" when the economic system is perpetually managed- no matter who holds what political office- such that there are always some people losing the class struggles, and others just barely get by? It's the American way.

As opposed to the un-American way you favor.

Capitalism is seen as a society in which a small minority of the population (the bourgeoisie or capitalists) dominates and exploits the vast majority (the working class or proletariat). In Marx's labor theory of value, workers typically have no choice but produce more value and more output than is necessary to pay the cost of their reproduction as people in society over time. They do this under conditions that they do not control, i.e., under the direction of the supervisors and threatened by unemployment or poverty the rather than following democratic decision-making, and thus give the surplus-product to the owners, the bourgeoisie. The capitalists then use this surplus (also called surplus value) to accumulate more wealth and power for themselves. Often, this accumulation goes 'too far', causing an economic crisis
Aaron
Aaron

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county on Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:54 pm

"class struggles"? What the hell are you talking about? George Soros helping the common man?

ohio county

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy on Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:54 pm

He said that you may not need the operation and can do very well on the pain medication. Once Obamacare is instituted I'd like to see a country boy or anyone else survive. That decision will be taken out of your hands.

Decisions about what operations we can have and about what medications my wife and I can have are already out of our hands. Before my wife had arthroscopic knee surgery, our health insurance privider had to "approve" the operation.

Our health insurance provider has repeatedly denied my wife's eye doctor's recommendation that she have an operation to repair her "droopy" eyelids. They say it is not bad enough to need to be done. So that decision is already out of our hands.

Our health insurance provider has an approved prescription drug list. Some prescription deviations from that list can be approved on a case by case basis. Some others drugs are not approved for payment by our insurer in any event. So some of those decisions, too, are already out of our hands.
ziggy
ziggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy on Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:57 pm

"class struggles"? What the hell are you talking about? George Soros helping the common man?

I do not know anything about George Soros helping anyone other than certain politicians.

By "class struggles" I mean the proverbial "rat race", the "dog eat dog" struggle for survival at some economic level or other most of us engage in every day.
ziggy
ziggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy on Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:05 pm

Aaron wrote:
ziggy wrote:

Capitalism is seen as a society in which a small minority of the population (the bourgeoisie or capitalists) dominates and exploits the vast majority (the working class or proletariat). In Marx's labor theory of value, workers typically have no choice but produce more value and more output than is necessary to pay the cost of their reproduction as people in society over time. They do this under conditions that they do not control, i.e., under the direction of the supervisors and threatened by unemployment or poverty the rather than following democratic decision-making, and thus give the surplus-product to the owners, the bourgeoisie. The capitalists then use this surplus (also called surplus value) to accumulate more wealth and power for themselves. Often, this accumulation goes 'too far', causing an economic crisis

You are as full of shit as an overflowing septic tank pumper truck.
ziggy
ziggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron on Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:31 pm

ziggy wrote:
Aaron wrote:
ziggy wrote:

You are as full of shit as an overflowing septic tank pumper truck.

There your beliefs pal, not mine. And anyone can see what you wrote and see the stark comparisons to the link. My only question is, why do you deny what you clearly are?
Aaron
Aaron

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron on Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:34 pm

ziggy wrote:

He said that you may not need the operation and can do very well on the pain medication. Once Obamacare is instituted I'd like to see a country boy or anyone else survive. That decision will be taken out of your hands.

Decisions about what operations we can have and about what medications my wife and I can have are already out of our hands. Before my wife had arthroscopic knee surgery, our health insurance privider had to "approve" the operation.

Our health insurance provider has repeatedly denied my wife's eye doctor's recommendation that she have an operation to repair her "droopy" eyelids. They say it is not bad enough to need to be done. So that decision is already out of our hands.

Our health insurance provider has an approved prescription drug list. Some prescription deviations from that list can be approved on a case by case basis. Some others drugs are not approved for payment by our insurer in any event. So some of those decisions, too, are already out of our hands.

You have a choice. You can purchase your own insurance on the free market and make any decision you like. Additionally, you can privately purchase any medication you like and you could have paid for your wifes surgery yourself. You didn't have to wait on the insurance.
Aaron
Aaron

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy on Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:01 pm

You have a choice. You can purchase your own insurance on the free market and make any decision you like. Additionally, you can privately purchase any medication you like and you could have paid for your wifes surgery yourself. You didn't have to wait on the insurance.

Right. And the same would apply to the prediction OhioCounty makes above about what he calls "Obamacare".

I was just pointing out to OC that decisions about medical operations and medications have already been "taken out of our hands"- and have been for many years- by the health insurance industry.
ziggy
ziggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron on Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:41 pm

You still have a method for redress in the health care system whether you acknowledge it or not. If Obama gets his way, that will not be the case.
Aaron
Aaron

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy on Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:51 pm

Aaron wrote:You still have a method for redress in the health care system whether you acknowledge it or not.

I did and do acknowledge it.

If Obama gets his way, that will not be the case.

"Single payer" is not going to happen. Politically, it was once upon a time a pie in the sky dream of the Clinton's and some other deluded folks. I don't think Obama believes in it- politically- even when he preaches it.
ziggy
ziggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron on Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:05 am

I'm sure there were those who would have said even a year ago that the US Government would never get in the automotive manufacturing industry but they own large chunks of 2/3rd's of America's supposed Big 3.
Aaron
Aaron

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum