WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I got it wrong, your 'YOU' debt is bigger.

Go down

I got it wrong, your 'YOU' debt is bigger. Empty I got it wrong, your 'YOU' debt is bigger.

Post by SamCogar Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:36 am

Gov. Joe Manchin said during a meeting Thursday with a work group studying the estimated $7.8 billion unfunded liability of health coverage promised to public employees when they retire.

"We all know it's a problem, right?" Manchin said. "The private is taking advantage of the state system."

Cheatham also gave estimated figures for how the state's projected debt would be affected by the PEIA finance board's decision this year to stop subsiding retirement premiums for public workers hired after June 30, 2010.

The change could cut the liability from about $24 billion to about $17.3 billion in 2023, Cheatham's chart showed.

http://www.dailymail.com/News/200909240693

Now I was figuring that the You Owe Us (YOU) unfunded debt for retiree's health insurance and entitlements was about $14 billion and with all the other debt the TOTAL would be about $24 billion.

So, it now looks like that TOTAL is nigh on to $34 billion, ..... $10 billion more than I estimated.

So, lol! in you young whippersnappers gettin that paid off.

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down