WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OH NO, I smell another tax increase on cigarettes.

Go down

OH NO, I smell another tax increase on cigarettes. Empty OH NO, I smell another tax increase on cigarettes.

Post by SamCogar Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:16 am

West Virginia officials are predicting deficits in the Medicaid program of $95 million in fiscal year 2013 and another $169 million in 2014 unless the economy improves and enrollment goes down.

Medicaid is a state-federal program that provides health care services for nearly 400,000 low-income, aged and disabled West Virginians for about $2.5 billion a year. Until this year, the state was receiving about $3 in federal money for each $1 in state money put into the program.

West Virginia's DHHR received about $198 million in federal stimulus funding through September 2009, and about $166 million of that is going toward a temporary increase in the match - now about 4-to-1 - for Medicaid claims.

http://www.dailymail.com/News/200911080467

So, 22.2% of all West Virginians are receiving Medicaid benefits.

So, there really can't be very many WV residents that don't have health care, right?

OH NO, I smell another tax increase on cigarettes. 249131 OH NO, I smell another tax increase on cigarettes. 81632 OH NO, I smell another tax increase on cigarettes. 197570

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down