WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Putnam teacher retirements worry school officials

2 posters

Go down

Putnam teacher retirements worry school officials Empty Putnam teacher retirements worry school officials

Post by SamCogar Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:59 am

Out of the 792 teachers in the Putnam County teaching population, 205 are more than 55 years old, according to the state department.

"Obviously, as the number of retirees increase, it could be a problem," Hatfield said.

So far this year, 50 teachers have retired or resigned, according to the Putnam County Schools Human Resources Office. Last year, 23 retired, according to the state Department of Education.

http://www.wvgazette.com/News/201007160445

No problem, do like the Feds did, .....

increase the age that Teachers can retire to "age 65".

Problem solved. Putnam teacher retirements worry school officials 81632 Putnam teacher retirements worry school officials 81632 Putnam teacher retirements worry school officials 81632 Putnam teacher retirements worry school officials 49761

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Putnam teacher retirements worry school officials Empty Re: Putnam teacher retirements worry school officials

Post by Aaron Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:00 pm

I'm working on it. 3 of mine and one's GF are all going to be teachers. I'm working of the fouth as well.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Putnam teacher retirements worry school officials Empty Re: Putnam teacher retirements worry school officials

Post by SamCogar Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:50 am

So how's the new job?

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down