Jay to Protect Net Neutrality?

Go down

Jay to Protect Net Neutrality?

Post by ohio county on Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:52 pm

Dear James,

Thank you for contacting me about the Cybersecurity Act of 2009 (S. 773). This is an important issue, and I thank you for being in touch. I sincerely apologize for the delay in my response.

As you are aware, I introduced the Cybersecurity Act of 2009 on April 1, 2009. The purpose of this bill is to enhance the security and resiliency of America's information networks. Cyber attacks - whether for espionage, criminal intent, or warfare - pose a significant and growing national and economic security threat to our country. The current and potential impact of these attacks necessitates a well-coordinated and collaborative effort between private sector companies, our citizens, and governments on every level.

I have heard from a number of West Virginians who have been concerned over "giving control of the Internet" to the President in the event of a national emergency. I would like to assure you that there is no such power granted in this bill, nor is there any provision that allows the U.S. government to "shut down" the Internet.

This legislation will protect the security of the computer networks West Virginians and Americans rely on - not only the computer networks that connect people at home and at work, but also the computer networks that run the state's and nation's banks, schools, power grids, ports and dams, air traffic control system, and so many other critical aspects of American life and the American economy. S. 773 was passed favorably out of the Senate Commerce Committee on March 24, 2010.

More information about the bill is available on the Senate Commerce Committee's website. You can access a summary of the bill at http://commerce.senate.gov/public/?a=Files.Serve&File_id=c4274b9f-eac7-4c8d-9671-932f48056444. You can also view the full text of the bill at http://commerce.senate.gov/public/?a=Files.Serve&File_id=29daa3d9-291e-46ce-aba9-f2348f4c0d0d. If you do not have access to a computer in your home, you can access the Internet at your local public library, free of charge.

Thank you again for being in touch. Please do not hesitate to contact me again. I wish you the best.

With Warm Regards,
Jay Rockefeller

ohio county

Number of posts : 3207
Registration date : 2007-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jay to Protect Net Neutrality?

Post by Stephanie on Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:10 am

Don't you feel so much better now?

-Ron Paul
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

View user profile http://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato on Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:30 am

Liars and conartists come in all shapes and sizes. This one happens to be tall, egotistical, arrogant, imported from the New York Peoples Republic, and a former governor of the peoples republic of West Virginia.

Cato

Number of posts : 2010

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county on Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:09 pm

You know who was taller than Jay Rockefeller? You won't believe this. Hubert Humphrey. He was 6'8" and had the hugest paw I ever shook. As goofy as we thought Humphrey was then, he was probably to the right of Scott Brown and Mike Castle.

George Wallace was 6'2" and a pretty impressive specimen, too.

ohio county

Number of posts : 3207

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down