WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peace trhough strength

+4
Cato
SheikBen
Stephanie
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Peace trhough strength - Page 2 Empty Re: Peace trhough strength

Post by ziggy Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:43 pm

Aaron wrote:It seems to me it's the ultimate accountability as the one human your held accountable to is yourself.

We are all accountable to ourselves- and equally so without regard to and in spite of our Christianity or to any other of our super-natural religions. Indeed, one of the usual tenents of Christianity is that we need not be accountable to ourselves- but only to some mythological God. "Christians Aren't Perfect, Just Forgiven" is the bumper sticker slogan for UNACCOUNTABILITY to ourselves.
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:48 pm

The only thing that holds us accountable to ourselves is our sense of social conscience- perhaps best illustrated by our degree of belief in the admonition that we should do unto others as we would have others do unto us. Everything else is mostly just window dressing designed to impress others, not to guide our own conscience.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:59 am

ziggy wrote:
Aaron wrote:It seems to me it's the ultimate accountability as the one human your held accountable to is yourself.

We are all accountable to ourselves- and equally so without regard to and in spite of our Christianity or to any other of our super-natural religions. Indeed, one of the usual tenents of Christianity is that we need not be accountable to ourselves- but only to some mythological God. "Christians Aren't Perfect, Just Forgiven" is the bumper sticker slogan for UNACCOUNTABILITY to ourselves.

As you're hell bent on convincing everyone God is mythological and doesn't exist, how about proving it!!!
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:30 am

How can he, or anyone, prove a negative?

Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:58 am

Stephanie wrote:How can he, or anyone, prove a negative?

Stephatima,
Under Sharia Law, I think that you and Ziggurrat have insulted Allah by your remarks. Why don't you both stone each other?
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:09 am

I don't get too worried about offending mythological beings, Keli.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:00 am

As you're hell bent on convincing everyone God is mythological and doesn't exist, how about proving it!!!
Well now, in my opinion, the simple minded proof that God doesn’t exist is the simple fact that if in fact that SHE did exist then SHE would not have permitted the sexist authors of the Biblical Canons, etc., to make so many glaring mistakes, either accidently or intentionally, when they transcribed, wrote down and/or recorded what SHE told them, enlightened them and/or instructed them to write down and/or record for all of HER current and future believers to read and abide by.

It seems kinda silly to me for anyone to be believing in a mythical entity that has the power and authority to order mere humans to do HER bidding but then for HER to ignore the fact that said humans didn’t do it the way SHE told them to do it.

If SHE wasn’t going to insure they did it the way SHE told them to do it then why did SHE tell them to do it in the first place?

Such silly thinking exhibited by the Religious believers is literal proof of:

Knowing the extent of our ignorance is knowledge.

Claiming our ignorance is knowledge is religion.

Peace trhough strength - Page 2 46059 Peace trhough strength - Page 2 81632

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:02 pm

Aaron wrote:
ziggy wrote:

I never said that some natural God does not exist. But I am saying here that super-natural religions based in mythology do not hold us accountable to ourselves. Quite the contrary, such religions provide us the convenient excuses to NOT be accountable to ourselves or to others humans.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:19 pm

ziggy wrote:I never said that some natural God does not exist.

Sure you have, every time someone talks about God, you call him mythological (imaginary, not real, existing only in the imagination) or something along those lines and have done so for years so prove HE doesn't exist.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:53 pm

Aaron wrote:
ziggy wrote:I never said that some natural God does not exist.

Sure you have, every time someone talks about God, mythological (imaginary, not real, existing only in the imagination) or something along those lines and have done so for years so prove HE doesn't exist.

No sir, you are wrong again. But if you think you can show any posts in which I have asserted that some natural God does not exist, then, as the little Bush man said, bring 'em on.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:09 pm

ziggy wrote:But if you think you can show any posts in which I have asserted that some natural God does not exist

ziggy wrote:but only to some mythological God.

Mythological-imaginary, does not exist.

We all accept that you've made the statement. The definition of mythological is not going to change. So now the onus is on you to back up what you've stated numerous times.

Or you can keep talking the same shit you always do because that's all you've got. And in truth, we all know that's the route you will take so it really makes no difference to me. Once again, I've shown you for the fraud you are.

Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:17 pm

We all accept that you've made the statement.

Just asserting that "We all accept that" so and so does not make it so.

We knew you didn't have it.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:18 pm

Strike 2
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:20 pm

Cato wrote:
ziggy wrote:
Everything we do has both reward and consequences, so your point is what?

My point is - contrary to your assertion- Christianity does not hold people responsible for their actions.

But yes, everything we do has consequences- quite aside from Christianity or any other anities.

Christianity doesn't hold people accountable!? Explain to me how it doesn't.

Again Cato, I asked you first. As you are the one making the positive assertion- that Christianity holds people accountable for their actions, it is up to you to explain how it does.

ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:26 pm

As Sherman used to say...

Peace trhough strength - Page 2 Typical_cricket
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:49 pm

Aaron wrote:Strike 2

Yes, Strike 2 for you- just like your linguistically challenged couple of imaginary Jackson Country businessmen friends who knew me to be of low or no character and integrity- and who felt so stronly about it that they expressed it in cussing terms so severe that you wouldn't repeat it on the internet. Yeah, strike 2 indeed.

ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:00 pm

Strike 3
Peace trhough strength - Page 2 Loser
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:25 pm

ziggy wrote:
Cato wrote:
ziggy wrote:

My point is - contrary to your assertion- Christianity does not hold people responsible for their actions.

But yes, everything we do has consequences- quite aside from Christianity or any other anities.

Again Cato, I asked you first. As you are the one making the positive assertion- that Christianity holds people accountable for actions, it is up to you to explain how it does.

That is typical for you. You can't or won't answer a question so you reply like above. You said contrary to my post that Christianity didn't hold people responsible. I ask you how it did not. Instead of playing word games why don't you just answer.

Cato

Number of posts : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:33 pm

Cato wrote: Instead of playing word games why don't you just answer.

Umm, would because he's full of shit and grasping at straws be an acceptable answer Cato?
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:34 pm

Cato wrote:
ziggy wrote:
Cato wrote:
ziggy wrote:

Again Cato, I asked you first. As you are the one making the positive assertion- that Christianity holds people accountable for actions, it is up to you to explain how it does.

That is typical for you. You can't or won't answer a question so you reply like above. You said contrary to my post that Christianity didn't hold people responsible. I ask you how it did not. Instead of playing word games why don't you just answer.

You are the one who made the assertion first. And I asked you first about how does Christioanity hold people accountable for their actions. If you don't like word games, then why do you start word games that you can't keep up with even your own words?
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:52 pm

When I'm right, I'm right.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:02 pm

Maybe some day you will actually be right and we'll find out.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:10 pm

Peace trhough strength - Page 2 StrikePeace trhough strength - Page 2 15940.SLATE4_4

Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:17 pm

ziggy wrote:
Cato wrote:
ziggy wrote:
Cato wrote:
ziggy wrote:

You are the one who made the assertion first. And I asked you first about how does Christioanity hold people accountable for their actions. If you don't like word games, then why do you start word games that you can't keep up with even your own words?

Are you not responsibile for yourself? You have the choice of whether or not to believe and be faithfully obedient. However, like in all matters of life you make the decision and you and you alone bear the responsibily for that decision.

The fact of the matter is Ziggy, you have no clue what I am talking about. On top of that I am so tired of arguing with fools like you. So you believe what you want. Obviously I'm not going to change your mind and you aren't going to change mine. I guess in the end we'll find out which one of us was right.

Cato

Number of posts : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:45 pm

Cato wrote:
ziggy wrote:
Cato wrote:
ziggy wrote:
Cato wrote:
ziggy wrote:

Are you not responsibile for yourself? You have the choice of whether or not to believe and be faithfully obedient. However, like in all matters of life you make the decision and you and you alone bear the responsibily for that decision.

The fact of the matter is Ziggy, you have no clue what I am talking about. On top of that I am so tired of arguing with fools like you. So you believe what you want. Obviously I'm not going to change your mind and you aren't going to change mine. I guess in the end we'll find out which one of us was right.

Some of us figured you couldn't back it up, Cato. And so you've thrown in the towell to concede same.

Are you not responsibile for yourself?

Of course I am. We all are- with or without our Gods and our religions.

You have the choice of whether or not to believe and be faithfully obedient. However, like in all matters of life you make the decision and you and you alone bear the responsibily for that decision.

And that has nothing to do with any super-natural religions. It has to do with how we view our responsibility to the natural world- and which includes our fellow human travelers on the earth.

The fact of the matter is Ziggy, you have no clue what I am talking about

Apparently you don't either. If you do you could tell us how Christianity makes us accountable for our actions.

On top of that I am so tired of arguing with fools like you.

Why? I suspect it's because we "fools" prod you to think about what you think about. And that can hurt.

So you believe what you want. Obviously I'm not going to change your mind and you aren't going to change mine. I guess in the end we'll find out which one of us was right.

I doubt that. When we're gone, coming generations will likely have the sames discussions we're having- over and over again.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next