WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Difference between ‘lopping off top’ & ‘mountain top removal

2 posters

Go down

Difference between ‘lopping off top’ & ‘mountain top removal Empty Difference between ‘lopping off top’ & ‘mountain top removal

Post by SamCogar Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:39 am

Difference between ‘lopping off top’ & ‘mountain top removal’

Airport to lop off top of Coal Branch Heights

CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- A city agency approved a street-closing plan Wednesday that will allow Yeager Airport to lop off the top of Coal Branch Heights and improve the flight path for planes taking off from the airport.

Airport Director Rick Atkinson asked members of the Municipal Planning Commission to close A Street and Ox Street, plus a series of paper streets and alleys -- all on Coal Branch Heights, the hill southwest of the airport

http://www.wvgazette.com/News/201104061350

I bet that drove the editor a llittle wacko trying to think up what to call it.

I think that .....
"Mountain Top Removal Planned for Coal Branch Heights"
would have been a goodern.

Difference between ‘lopping off top’ & ‘mountain top removal 33948 Difference between ‘lopping off top’ & ‘mountain top removal 33948 Difference between ‘lopping off top’ & ‘mountain top removal 33948 Difference between ‘lopping off top’ & ‘mountain top removal 33948 Difference between ‘lopping off top’ & ‘mountain top removal 33948 Difference between ‘lopping off top’ & ‘mountain top removal 33948

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Difference between ‘lopping off top’ & ‘mountain top removal Empty Re: Difference between ‘lopping off top’ & ‘mountain top removal

Post by Aaron Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:30 am

Opponents of MTR Mining don't consider projects like that or the one below mountain top mining sites. In my opinion, it's one of the biggest reasons most like the OVEC and CRMW lack credibility.

Difference between ‘lopping off top’ & ‘mountain top removal They-just-cut-out-a-chunk
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down