Balony it is...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Balony it is...

Post by Aaron on Sun May 15, 2011 3:29 am

I must admit, I haven't paid much attention because I thought Ireland would walk away with the nomination and the election.

In a matter of three months, Morgantown businessman Bill Maloney has gone from political unknown to the Republican Party's nominee in the special election for West Virginia's governor.

Maloney handily defeated seven challengers in Saturday's special primary election, including the presumptive early favorite, former secretary of state Betty Ireland.

Maloney, who calls himself a true conservative, topped the primary field with 27,546 votes -- 45 percent -- to Ireland's 18,876.

source
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Balony it is...

Post by SamCogar on Sun May 15, 2011 7:22 am

Well now, I would have voted for Maloney .... iffen I could have voted for him, ........ but I couldn't vote for him, ..... so I didn't even bother to go vote.

West Virginia will never elect a female as Governor .... at least until the Democrats lose one or both houses of the State Legislature.

Of course, miracles could happen, .... Mrs. Obama might decide to run for Governor of WV.

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron on Sun May 15, 2011 10:57 am

This was the primary, not the general Sam. I thought Republicans were more sensible then the rest of West Virginia's who've elected Democrats for 80 years. Guess I was wrong, huh.
Aaron

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie on Sun May 15, 2011 12:12 pm

I feel like I'm faced with personal dilemma. Do I keep the promise I made and support the winner of the GOP primary? I'm not sure I can even vote for Maloney after the dirty tactics of his campaign. Where is Ziggy? I find myself wanting to know more about Mr. Baber.

-Ron Paul
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

View user profile http://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar on Sun May 15, 2011 3:04 pm

Aaron wrote:This was the primary, not the general Sam.

DUH??????????????????

SamCogar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron on Sun May 15, 2011 3:54 pm

SamCogar wrote:West Virginia will never elect a female as Governor

SamCogar wrote:

DUH??????????????????

Yeah, I'd say duh about sums it up.
Aaron

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron on Sun May 15, 2011 4:09 pm

Stephanie wrote:I feel like I'm faced with personal dilemma. Do I keep the promise I made and support the winner of the GOP primary? I'm not sure I can even vote for Maloney after the dirty tactics of his campaign. Where is Ziggy? I find myself wanting to know more about Mr. Baber.

I can tell you all you need to know about Baber. He's from the Mountain Party. The Mountain Party Platform is as close to the Marxist platform as any, including the Communist platform as I've seen. Mr. Baber is likely a babbling liberal who wants complete government control of our society. I think you'll find Baloney Maloney closer to your core believes then any of the comrades the Mountain party can put forth.

As for the negative ads, I saw them Friday night. I've heard the comments about her misusing state funds before as it was insinuated that was part of the reason she decided not ot seek reelection for the SOS office. I hadn't heard about the SUV.

There was contention about who went negative first as Politico released a story about Maloney giving to Democrats before any of the other ads were released but the Ireland campaign claims she wasn't behind those.

At any rate, I don't have a problem with negative ads so long as they are factually accurate. If they are, then the opposing campaign should simply answer the ads as Maloney did with Politico.

I voted for Ireland but in the general election, I will be voting for Maloney as I believe Earl Ray Tomblin is nothing more then a return to the politics of the past and I don't believe that is a good thing. Iíve heard conservatives say Earl Ray Tomblin is a conservative and we should elect him.

The way I see it is, I donít care if heís conservative or liberal, heís from Logan County and in my book, heís another southern West Virginia crooked politician and the way I see it, theyíre worse then even the Marxist of the Mountain Party.

Maloney it is for me.
Aaron

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie on Sun May 15, 2011 7:11 pm

Aaron,

The Maloney campaign went on the attack against Ireland weeks ago with a push poll, illegal here in WV. I thought she should have been far more aggressive in her response way back then. Having spent time with her these past couple of months I am convinced her genuine kindness and desire to not sink to such tactics were her undoing. She really is very sincere.

I will vote for Maloney. I will not work for his campaign, though. I don't think he can beat Tomblin but what do I know? I didn't think he could beat Ireland.

-Ron Paul
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron on Sun May 15, 2011 8:26 pm

I can honestly say that I've not looked at anyone else because I've planned on voting for Ireland all along.

I will however vote for Maloney against Tomblin and hopes he does whatever he has to do to defeat him. Earl Ray Tomblin is another in the long line of crooked West Virginia democrats and we do not need him in the Governor's seat. If he wins this election, he will be the West Virginia governor for the next 9 years and I likely will not be a West Virginian.
Aaron

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar on Mon May 16, 2011 6:57 am

Aaron wrote:
SamCogar wrote:West Virginia will never elect a female as Governor

SamCogar wrote:

DUH??????????????????

Yeah, I'd say duh about sums it up.

Are you off on another one of your "La La Land" trips again or just pretending ignorance of the voting laws in WV?

geek

SamCogar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar on Mon May 16, 2011 8:02 am

The Maloney campaign went on the attack against Ireland weeks ago with a push poll, illegal here in WV.
You will surely lose if you sit around waiting for someone else to do something.

I thought she should have been far more aggressive in her response way back then.

If one is agressive at trying to get elected ..... they should be aggressive after they get elected. And iffen you elect a Republican to do something in Charleston then he/she had better be agressive.

Having spent time with her these past couple of months I am convinced her genuine kindness and desire to not sink to such tactics were her undoing. She really is very sincere.
Me thinks that "genuine kindness" and being "very sincere" are lefty liberal "wealth-distributing" personality traits that are not conducive to making quick n' tuff decisions.

I will vote for Maloney. I don't think he can beat Tomblin
Just keep telling all yur friend n' neighbors that ...... and Tomblin will be your next Governor. WV voters don't like to and won't vote for a "loser". They cringe at the thought of someone tellin them, ...... "HA, you lost your vote, didn'tyu?"

Biography
Bill Maloney is a conservative businessman from Morgantown, WV. He began his professional career as a rig hand and ended up as the founder and executive of global drilling companies like North American Drillers, North American Pump and Supply, and Shaft Drillers International. Maloney led Shaft Drillers Intíl grew from a two person operation in 1984 to a company with over 150 employees. He sold his part in the company in 2006 and is currently the principal of Cow Run Energy LLC and Drill Leader LLC.

Maloney is also a member of the West Virginia Angel Network, which provides financial support and guidance to entrepreuners throughout the state in hopes of diversifying West Virginiaís economy. He also served as former President of the Greater Morgantown Community Trust.
Read more at:
http://westvirginiapolitics.wordpress.com/2011/05/01/candidate-profile-bill-maloney/

SamCogar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron on Wed May 18, 2011 7:28 pm

I actually had a conversation wth Baber this morning at a leadership conference in Jackson's Mill Stephanie. My opinion of him is unchanged.
Aaron

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie on Wed May 18, 2011 8:11 pm

Terrific. I'm still undecided what I will do. Perhaps the Constitution Party will be successful at gaining ballot access for this election.

-Ron Paul
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron on Wed May 18, 2011 8:36 pm

One of the things Becker said was that he felt the state wasn't doing enough to solve our problems. Geeze.
Aaron

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar on Thu May 19, 2011 6:16 am

WV voters are notorious for electing candidates that are only good at "talking the talk" ........ and throwing-under-the-bus any candidates that are really capable of "walking the walk".

An oxymoronic bunch they are.

At "election" time they support and vote for Candidates based on one (1) set of criteria ......... and then bitch and complain about the actions/inactions of the Party based on a completely different set of criteria.

In recent years, the majority of marriages closely resemble said "elections" only it is Lovers verses Spouses ....... instead of Candidate verses Party.

And that is one reason the Divorce Rate is now over 50%.

SamCogar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum