WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Global Warming: an expert’s critique of the IPCC 2014 report

Go down

Global Warming: an expert’s critique of the IPCC 2014 report Empty Global Warming: an expert’s critique of the IPCC 2014 report

Post by SamCogar Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:34 am

WRITTEN TESTIMONY TO THE HOUSE SUBCOMMITTEE ON SCIENCE, SPACE, AND
TECHNOLOGY. MAY 29, 2014

DANIEL B. BOTKIN

I hope my testifying here will help lead to a calmer, more rational approach to dealing with not only climate change but also other major environmental problems. The IPCC 2014 report does not have this kind of rational discussion we should be having. I would like to tell you why.

Read full testimony @  http://science.house.gov/sites/republicans.science.house.gov/files/documents/HHRG-113-SY-WState-DBotkin-20140529.pdf  

Although the document is titled “Climate Change Assessment,” the term “climate change” is not defined and is in fact used with two meanings, natural and human-induced.

There are places in the Assessment where only the second meaning makes sense, so that meaning has to be assumed. There are other places where either meaning could be applied. In those places where either meaning can be interpreted, if the statement is assumed to be a natural change, then it is a truism, a basic characteristic of Earth’s environment and something people have always known and experienced.

If the meaning is taken to be human-caused, then in spite of the assertions in the Assessment, the available data do not support the statements

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down