WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A damn shame, …. there is such a lack of coal mining

Go down

A damn shame, …. there is such a lack of coal mining Empty A damn shame, …. there is such a lack of coal mining

Post by SamCogar Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:05 am

in Braxton, ……. Barbour, Doddridge, Gilmer, Harrison, Lewis, Marion, Preston, Randolph, Ritchie, Taylor, Tucker, Tyler, Upshur, and Wetzel counties.

YUP, a damn shame because I won’t be able to hire myself a good Lawyer and sue the ass off any and all coal companies for causing all the flooding and other damage around here yesterday evening.

At times like these I wish I lived in one of those southern WV coal counties. Razz Razz

So, I guess my only option is to go to Church on Sunday and pray to someone’s God that he/she doesn’t DO IT AGAIN anytime real soon.

Storms lead to state of emergency in 15 W.Va. counties

Gov. Joe Manchin declared a state of emergency in at least 15 West Virginia counties Wednesday after severe storms blamed for at least one death caused flooding and mudslides that closed numerous roads.

The storms have dumped several inches of rain and knocked out power to nearly 70,000 customers, officials said.

The emergency declaration covers Barbour, Doddridge, Gilmer, Harrison, Lewis, Marion, Monongalia, Preston, Randolph, Ritchie, Taylor, Tucker, Tyler, Upshur, and Wetzel counties.

"The storms have been coming through in waves," Allegheny spokeswoman Janice Lantz said. "We got a good bit of the first wave back in service, but now we've got a second wave around lunchtime that caused some additional problems."

"We're dealing with considerable highway damage. We have quite a few homes that have been damaged," said Jimmy Gianato, director of the state Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management. Crews from several agencies were working to deal with disruptions caused by downed trees and mudslides in multiple locations, he said.

Shelters were open in Taylor County at the bingo/fire hall in Boothsville, in Harrison County at Lincoln High School in Shinnston and in Doddridge County at the senior citizens center in West Union, said Marilyn Lynch, disaster services chair for the Red Cross in central West Virginia.

Approximately 75 people were at shelters Wednesday evening, including 43 at the firehouse at Silverton in Jackson County who were relocated after officials evacuated a trailer park, she said.

The National Weather Service said statewide rainfall amounts weren't immediately available Wednesday evening, although Larry Allen, Barbour County's emergency services director, reported a 3.5-inch rainfall in his county.

http://www.wvgazette.com/News/200806040757

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down