WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOOOOORY, someone is actually going to check.

2 posters

Go down

HOOOOORY, someone is actually going to check. Empty HOOOOORY, someone is actually going to check.

Post by SamCogar Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:29 pm

WASHINGTON — House Republicans are traveling to Alaska this weekend to check out the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, environment that is a source of millions of barrels of oil but one that Democrats have argued is pristine and should remain so.

In the face of skyrocketing gas prices and continued dependency on foreign oil, Republicans want to allow oil drilling in ANWR, and at least one lawmaker is arguing the wildlife refuge is misnamed.

At a press conference Tuesday on GOP energy plans, Minority Leader John Boehner seemed skeptical that any wildlife worth protecting can be found in ANWR.

"We're going to look at this barren, Arctic desert where I'm hoping to see some wildlife," Boehner said. "But I understand there's none there. But I'm still going to look for it. If I find any, I'll let you know."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,382823,00.html

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

HOOOOORY, someone is actually going to check. Empty Re: HOOOOORY, someone is actually going to check.

Post by Aaron Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:56 pm

On a postive not, once GW melts all the ice, that will be one less problem in drilling for said oil.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down