WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just when it becomes obvious that...

4 posters

Go down

Just when it becomes obvious that... Empty Just when it becomes obvious that...

Post by TerryRC Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:51 pm

... republicans stand little chance of getting into the White House, a FOX news editorial calls for... wait for it... wait for it... wait for it...

... reducing the power of the President.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,322646,00.html

I called this one during Bush's first term - the new, sweeping powers that the republicans seemed to have no problem with would be regretted if the democrats came into power.

I hate being right.

Also, any chance that FOX might appear other than right-wing shills has gone out the window.

TerryRC

Number of posts : 2762
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Just when it becomes obvious that... Empty Re: Just when it becomes obvious that...

Post by Aaron Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:21 pm

TerryRC wrote:... republicans stand little chance of getting into the White House, a FOX news editorial calls for... wait for it... wait for it... wait for it...

... reducing the power of the President.

I called this one during Bush's first term - the new, sweeping powers that the republicans seemed to have no problem with would be regretted if the democrats came into power.

I hate being right.

Also, any chance that FOX might appear other than right-wing shills has gone out the window.

What if Democrats don't get into office? Neutral
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Just when it becomes obvious that... Empty Re: Just when it becomes obvious that...

Post by TerryRC Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:39 pm

What if Democrats don't get into office?

Seems unlikely, unfortunately.

If it does happen, however, my guess is that FOX shuts up on the subject.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:58 pm

TerryRC wrote:...

Radley Balko is a senior editor with Reason magazine. He publishes the weblog, TheAgitator.com.

Lettame see now, ..... how da ya splain "Fair n' Balanced" to those who are naturally unfair n' wobbly?

Obama is not "Fair n' Balanced", ..... he refuses all invitations to appear on Fox News.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:32 pm

But then, isn't it also as likely that when the democrat is inaugurated the New York Times will demand an extension of the Patriot Act and beefed up FISA courts?
ohio county
ohio county

Number of posts : 3207

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:36 pm

TerryRC wrote:What if Democrats don't get into office?

Seems unlikely, unfortunately.

If it does happen, however, my guess is that FOX shuts up on the subject.

One things for sure, the media will do everything they can to see a Dem in office. Since the surge has worked, it's been taken off the front pages and been replaced by our impending recession they've been warning us about for the past 4 years.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:38 pm

But then, isn't it also as likely that when the democrat is inaugurated the New York Times will demand an extension of the Patriot Act and beefed up FISA courts?

The Times is a rag (I do like their crossword), but after speaking out against the sweeping powers granted by the Act, I'd think they would avoid that.

FOX cheered for the powers given the president and then recanted when it began to look like they may not get somebody from their group into the gate.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:44 pm

FOX cheered for the powers given the president and then recanted when it began to look like they may not get somebody from their group into the gate.

I think that's only human nature. I only found my Bill of Rights conscience when I realized that President Hillary would be intecepting those calls...
ohio county
ohio county

Number of posts : 3207

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:48 pm

I think that's only human nature. I only found my Bill of Rights conscience when I realized that President Hillary would be intecepting those calls...

At least you found it before it is too late... I hope.

Right now, I'm kinda scared of Huckabee. From what I can gather, he wants to add anti-abortion, and anti-gay marriage amendments to the Constitution, puts the Bible over science because the Bible "doesn't change", recently called for an explicit mention of God in the Constitution, defines himself as a Christian leader, has called his candidacy God's will, wants to repeal the ban on religious political endorsements, and boost funding of abstinence programs.

Now that I think about it, Paul might not be so bad...

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down