WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Living with humans has taught dogs morals, say scientists

5 posters

Go down

Living with humans has taught dogs morals, say scientists Empty Living with humans has taught dogs morals, say scientists

Post by Keli Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:30 am

Living with humans has taught dogs morals, say scientists
By Daily Mail Reporter

Living with humans has taught dogs morals, say scientists Article-0-03AAA4F80000044D-457_233x276

Dogs are becoming more intelligent and are even learning morals from human contact, scientists claim.

They say the fact that dogs' play rarely escalates into a fight shows the animals abide by social rules.

How can that be--seeing that so few humans have any morals? Maybe humans could learn from the dogs?
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Living with humans has taught dogs morals, say scientists Empty Re: Living with humans has taught dogs morals, say scientists

Post by ziggy Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:00 am

So are humans really higher animals than say, oh, dogs?

Maybe we're not as special as we pretend to be.
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731

Back to top Go down

Living with humans has taught dogs morals, say scientists Empty Re: Living with humans has taught dogs morals, say scientists

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:16 am

ziggy wrote:So are humans really higher animals than say, oh, dogs?

Maybe we're not as special as we pretend to be.

Living with humans has taught dogs morals, say scientists ElwoodAP_450x363

Yoda with a hangover? Yoda, Jedi Knight, was a dog? Wouldn't that lend credence to the article?
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Number of posts : 2310
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:42 am

I once asked a hog if maybe hogs weren't superior to people. He looked at me so incrediously and said, "Uh"?

But just as that conversation was getting started, I put a bullet through his brain- as his butchering at that hour had been scheduled weeks ahead of time. Those terderloins were soooooo good!
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:51 am

You see this is why my in-laws call me "the city slicker". I don't want to even think about shooting some poor hog in the head and butchering his or her poor dead body.

I go to Krogers or Foodland and buy a nice package of shrinkwrapped center cut pork chops, a lovely pork tenderloin, and some yummy bacon.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shermangeneral Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:56 am

If more people had to do their own "dirty work" of butchering instead of hiring illegal immigrants to do it then we would have a lot more vegetarians, imo.

shermangeneral

Number of posts : 1347
Registration date : 2007-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:28 am

Are you implying I hire illegal immigrants, Sherm?

Not me.....I want all the illegals rounded up and shipped back to where they came from. I prefer those jobs go to Americans and to immigrants who don't violate US law and jeopardize our security in the process.

I don't need to hire anybody to do my butchering for me. I married a man who doesn't share my city-slicker ways.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shermangeneral Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:48 am

No Steph I am not implying anything about you.

Now who is getting too sensitive?

I was talking about Americans in general who eat really too much meat, but are probably not even cognizant that the slaughterhouse jobs are more and more going to Mexicans.

It is dirty and unpleasant work.

shermangeneral

Number of posts : 1347
Registration date : 2007-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:50 am

shermangeneral wrote:No Steph I am not implying anything about you.

Now who is getting too sensitive?

I was talking about Americans in general who eat really too much meat, but are probably not even cognizant that the slaughterhouse jobs are more and more going to Mexicans.

It is dirty and unpleasant work.

Q: Do you know what Jeffrey Dahmer did with the friends he DIDN'T like?

A: He just ate the noodles.
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Number of posts : 2310
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down