WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Debate results

+2
SamCogar
sodbuster
6 posters

Go down

Debate results Empty Debate results

Post by sodbuster Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:26 am

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

Well again I did not watch the so-called debate.

I pretty well knew I would see it as a win for Abama.

What others think is more important to me.

Looking at the results this morning, it looks like Obama "won" by about 2-1.

My question:

Did any of the McCain supporters think Obama won, and did any Obama supporters think McCain won?

My prediction is that none thought the other side won.

How about independents?

How about zig, Terry RC, Aaron?

Did any of you decide one way or the other who won the debate or who you might vote for?

sodbuster

Number of posts : 1890
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Debate results Empty Re: Debate results

Post by SamCogar Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:06 am

The best comment I've heard so far about last night's debate came from an MSM "talking head" Obama supporter who stated:

John McCain lost the debate because he did not win it.

Debate results 46059 Debate results 46059 Debate results 46059

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:23 am

That was pretty good, Sam!
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:32 am

Boosh should be impeached. And, we should elect a vacillating Muslim political jive-talking neophyte to the presidency--what have we got to lose?
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:33 am

sodbuster wrote:http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

What others think is more important to me.

Looking at the results this morning, it looks like Obama "won" by about 2-1.

My question:

Did any of the McCain supporters think Obama won, and did any Obama supporters think McCain won?

How about independents?

Did any of you decide one way or the other who won the debate or who you might vote for?

{{{{DRUDGE POLL}}}} WHO WON THE SECOND PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE?...

MCCAIN
65% 121,644
OBAMA
31% 58,695
NEITHER
4% 6,923

Total Votes: 187,262
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbuster Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:37 am

Yes I saw that Terri.

I was talking about serious polls.

It looks like to me McCain's support is rapidly slipping to that hardcore 30% who still even say the Bush Administration has been a success.

sodbuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:53 am

I would agree with Sam. Obama won it because McCain lost the debate.

And I don't see how McCain can win it. He can't attack because he's villified by the (liberal) media (with an agenda) and he can't really tout what he would do because then he's linked to Bush (by both Obama AND the (liberal) media (who have an agenda) and on top of that, he's being outspent 3 to 1 by Obama, who also leads in news stories by close to a 2 to 1 margin in the by the (very liberal) news media (which has an agenda).

Even if he were to do better in the debate, right after the debates are over you have the talking heads on TV telling America how Obama won the debate and why.

Aaron's opinon is that McCain CANNOT win. This election was decided when Hillary announced she was no longer a candidate and the (liberal) media crowned Obama the next President. McCain never had a chance.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:07 am

sodbuster wrote:

HORSEHOCKY, ..... if you didn’t watch it …… then you didn't watch it because you knew you wouldn't see it as a win for Obama. You didn't want to be embarrassed by Obama because of what you would see in his actions and hear emitting from his mouth.

Sherm, you knew if you watched it, ....... then there would be no way in hell you could possibly defend an "Obama win" on this Forum this morning.

Thus, it was a CYA move on your part ....... to be citing, mimicking, quoting your partisan friends.

Sherm, that way, if you catch too much hell about what you post ….. you can always claim that it wasn’t you that said it.

lol! lol! lol!

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:27 am

The one thing he did say and I'm peeved at McCain for not jumping Obama's rear is where he called health care a fundamental right for such a rich nation.

There is NOTHING in the constitution that guarantees American's the right to free health care even though it's been proposed at least twice and defeated both times. McCain and Republicans should be crying that from the rooftops to the mountain tops and he should have stated that emphatically last night.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbuster Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:36 am

Well Aaron you seem to believe the only rights we have are those specifically mentioned in the Constitution (and therefore presumably granted by the Constitution).

I would point out that the framers themselves proclaimed that we have inalienable rights (granted by God) and that among themwere those listed.

They certainly did not intend for those to be our only rights, then or in the future.

There is nothing in the Constitution, so far as I know, that would prohibit access to healthcare from being recognized as a fundamental right.

sodbuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:14 am

You don't understand Sherm. I never said Americans don't have a right to healthcare of that there was any provision in the constitution that prohibited access to health care.

What I said was there is no provision or right in the constitution that gurantees FREE health care and unless you can shew me the section of the constitution that says my tax dollars should pay for Barrack Obama's dying mothers chemo or any other medical procedure, you don't have a leg to stand on.

And for the record, when Barrack Obama stated health care was a 'basic fundamental right' he didn't cite the constitution as the guarantor of that right, he stated it was guaranteed by what was "morally" right because the United States is one of the 'richest' countries in the world.

We won't stay rich by taking on a multi trillion dollar health care system. And in time, our world class health care system will become a shadow of what it is today.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:34 am

sodbuster wrote:I would point out that the framers themselves proclaimed that we have inalienable rights (granted by God) and that among themwere those listed.

And I am 100% sure that you would point out that the framers themselves proclaimed that public employees such as yourself have inalienable rights (granted by God) and that among them are: short work weeks, no accountability, great salaries, early retirement, free health care and exhorbant retirement benefits not afforded to the general public that is obligated to pay for them.

You would point that out, wouldn't you Sherm.

Debate results 33948 Debate results 33948 Debate results 33948

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:01 pm

I think if God wants us to have free healthcare he will provide it.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:46 pm

sodbuster wrote:My question:

How about independents?

Sherm, I am just confused. And so I will agree with whatever you and Stephanie and Aaron and Sam and OC decide to agree on.
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:04 pm

Here's what I'm confused about. Of the 50 states, Obama has a 23 to 22 lead with 5 undecided states. Of those 5 undecided, the only state that's not close, at least in the polls, is Virginia where Obama has an 11 point lead. He's outspending McCain almost 3 to 1, especially in battle ground states like Ohio (that's why we are seeing his ads) and Florida and on top of that the national media has done EVERYTHING they possibly can to get him elected, including positive Obama stories vs positive McCain stories airing 2 to 1 yet it's still a close race.

And this is all on top of a crumbling economy and 8 years of in not the lowest then one of the lowest rated Presidents in history.

My question is simple. Why is it a still a close race?
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down