WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hypocrisy of Greenbrier’s Christians and union members

4 posters

Go down

Hypocrisy  of Greenbrier’s Christians and union members Empty Hypocrisy of Greenbrier’s Christians and union members

Post by Aaron Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:04 am

8 years ago, led by some no name joke of a preacher and opposition from the unions that represent workers at the Greenbrier, Greenbrier County voters defeated a table gaming bill that was supported by management.

Tuesday, voters passed similar legislation because it was supported by the union and when questioned, the no name joke of a preacher said he couldn't campaign against jobs and the working man.

So gambling is only a sin if management wants it, but since it's supported by the union, this no name joke of a preacher keeps silent.

All he managed to do was show the hypocrisy of himself and his church.

And now management isn't even sure if they want to make the financial commitment required to install table games.

Typical West Virginia politics. What a joke.

Greenbrier voters approve gambling at resort

A small majority of Greenbrier County voters approved a referendum to allow guests at The Greenbrier resort to play video lottery and table games.
By Davin White
Staff writer

A small majority of Greenbrier County voters approved a referendum to allow guests at The Greenbrier resort to play video lottery and table games.

With all 30 precincts reporting, voters favored the referendum by a count of 6,683 votes for and 6,317 against.

"It is an economic development issue," County Commissioner Brad Tuckwiller said before all the votes were counted. He favors the referendum.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Hypocrisy  of Greenbrier’s Christians and union members Empty Re: Hypocrisy of Greenbrier’s Christians and union members

Post by sodbuster Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:12 am

So Aaron what are you trying to say?

Are you for it or against it?

sodbuster

Number of posts : 1890
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Hypocrisy  of Greenbrier’s Christians and union members Empty Re: Hypocrisy of Greenbrier’s Christians and union members

Post by Aaron Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:17 am

I'm saying that of the two, the no name joke of a preacher or the unions that represent the workers at the Greenbrier, I'm not sure which is more pathetic.

Which do you think is more pathetic Sherman, the preacher or the union?

Or is gambling suddenly ok in Greenbrier County because the working man needs it?
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbuster Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:31 am

Well for my part I would not oppose "destination gambling" like at the Greenbrier nearly so much as these dang video slot machines on every corner.

People who can afford the Greenbrier can afford to lose.

sodbuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:00 am

And what about the hypocrisy of voting it down 8 years ago but passing it now and the actions of the no name preacher and the unions Sherman?
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbuster Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:06 am

I dont know enough to speculate.

I had assumed the union(s) were in favor the first time.

sodbuster

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:26 am

People who can afford the Greenbrier can afford to lose.

Why not just tax it off them?
ohio county
ohio county

Number of posts : 3207

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:40 am

ohio county wrote:
sodbuster wrote:People who can afford the Greenbrier can afford to lose.

Why not just tax it off them?

Either way I consider using gambling as a method of raising revenue a desperate act by a failing government.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down