WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Speculation re Hil and Bill.....

Go down

Speculation re Hil and Bill..... Empty Speculation re Hil and Bill.....

Post by sodbuster Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:51 am

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/11/secretary-of-st.html

Well I have to say all this speculation about Hil going to Sec. of State came as somewhat of a surprise.

I had in my own mind speculated he might appoint Bill to that post, since clearly there is a lot of heavy lifting and fence mending needed to restore our credibility in the world.

But Hil would also be a great Sec. of State, imo.

But whither Bill?

There has been in the past some speculation he might someday become Sec. General of the U.N.

I just wonder how that would work.

Would people think that would give the family too much influence?

On the other hand, we are headed toward perhaps the biggest financial crisis the world has ever faced.

So just like in the past Presidents have appointed so-called "czars" to oversee the national response to immediate specific problems, perhaps Obama could ask Bill to accept the position of "economic czar" and put him in charge of the whole shebang.

He could be our worldwide liason and coordinate international financial policy and work in concert with Hil as she strives to regain our respect vis-a-vis International political relations.

Anyhow that is one possible scenario.

Not necessarily a recommendation, just food for thought.

sodbuster

Number of posts : 1890
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down