WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New day dawning - clean and green...

2 posters

Go down

New day dawning - clean and green... Empty New day dawning - clean and green...

Post by sodbuster Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:42 am

http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssConsumerGoodsAndRetailNews/idUSN2042000120081120

Well this is great news that San Francisco will be taking the lead in the development of new green transportation technology.

It really should go pretty fast since a lot has already been done and just never implemented on such a scale.

For example, the "people mover" at WVU has been up and running for over 30 years now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgantown_Personal_Rapid_Transit

So we should be able to transition to the new clean air transportation faster than most people think.

(necessity is sometimes the mother of invention.)

sodbuster

Number of posts : 1890
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

New day dawning - clean and green... Empty Re: New day dawning - clean and green...

Post by Aaron Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:50 am

sodbuster wrote:
For example, the "people mover" at WVU has been up and running for over 30 years now.

Their "people mover" has nothing to do with being green as anyone that's spent more than a day in Morgantown trying to get around.

How or why anyone placed WVU there in 1867 baffles me.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

New day dawning - clean and green... Empty Re: New day dawning - clean and green...

Post by sodbuster Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:55 am

Well the story I heard was Moundsville got first choice between the Penitentiary and the University.

They took the prison, leaving MoTown stuck with the college.

Dont know if that is true or not.

But it makes a good story.

sodbuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:15 am

Perhaps they should have practiced MRT in Morgantown before building the University there. The only thing that's flat up there is the football field itself and the TRAM. Everything else is on the side of a freaking hill.

And I read somewhere that Weston/Buckhannon area was also considered for the University as well. Maybe if it were a little more centrally located, people in Huntington wouldn't call it Southern Penn University.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbuster Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:21 am

Well MoTown is a lot like Wheeling in that it grows on you I think.

But I agree they are not centrally located.

But Wheeling does a super job with the super six.

It is worth the inconvenience, imo.

sodbuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:33 am

Really? I went to Wheeling 3 straight years when Poca dominated AA football and the most money I spent in WV was at the gate and for the $3.00 coke at the game. I spent my food and lodging dollars in Ohio, not West Virginia.

And to think, this year AAA very well could have 2 teams located with 5 miles of Laidley field, which is about as nice as Wheeling, via for the AAA title. But they have to drive 200 miles to play their game.

Worth the inconvience? I don't think so.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbuster Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:37 am

Well I would much rather see the games played at Wheeling Island.

And I didnt have trouble finding places to stay and eat on the wv side of the river.

Plus they dont have a Cabellas in Ohio.

sodbuster

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbuster Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:37 am

Well I would much rather see the games played at Wheeling Island.

And I didnt have trouble finding places to stay and eat on the wv side of the river.

Plus they dont have a Cabellas in Ohio.

sodbuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:39 am

Part of it may have been the horrible field conditions when I was up there 3 straight years but since they've put in the carpet, it might not be as bad.

I watched the field rob Martinsburg one year and it may have cost Bluefiled the same year against Poca.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down