WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where were you when you first heard?

+4
SheikBen
ziggy
TerryRC
Keli
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Which will the death of Heath Ledger have the gretest affect on:

Where were you when you first heard? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Where were you when you first heard? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Where were you when you first heard? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Where were you when you first heard? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Where were you when you first heard? - Page 2 Vote_lcap67%Where were you when you first heard? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 2 ]
Where were you when you first heard? - Page 2 Vote_lcap33%Where were you when you first heard? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 3

Poll closed

Where were you when you first heard? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where were you when you first heard?

Post by SamCogar Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:58 am

TerryRC wrote:Well, I agree with TH, ....... the notoriety of the “name” has nothing to do with the “media frenzy”.

Internet generation.

Today's youth sensationalized this through their cell phones, laptops and Blackberries on an UNPRECEDENTED scale.

TRC, that would be their "own media" frenzy, ....... not the Licensed Media frenzy.

cheers

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Where were you when you first heard? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where were you when you first heard?

Post by TerryRC Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:00 am

TRC, that would be their "own media" frenzy, ....... not the Licensed Media frenzy.

Gives the mainstream ideas about what to run, though.

Had there been little interest on the intertubes, there wouldn't have been the mainstream interest that we saw/see.

TerryRC

Number of posts : 2762
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:21 am

TerryRC wrote:TRC, that would be their "own media" frenzy, ....... not the Licensed Media frenzy.

Gives the mainstream ideas about what to run, though.

Had there been little interest on the intertubes, there wouldn't have been the mainstream interest that we saw/see.

YUP, that makes a lot of sense, ...... sure does.

I wonder when the mainstream media will start filling the TV screens with "text messages" and do away with all their "talking heads"?

lol! lol! lol!

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:23 am

I'm trying to get my sarcasm detector to work...

...I think it makes sense, just not sure if you do.

/keep Robin Meade on CNN
//nice sweater puppies!

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:53 am

I do not believe you have either a sarcasm or satire detector, ....... a sarcasm generator, yes. Laughing Laughing Laughing

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:55 am

I do not believe you have either a sarcasm or satire detector, ....... a sarcasm generator, yes.

Well, we know belief, to you, is more important than any pesky facts...

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:03 am

If they were not facts, ..... they would not be my beliefs.

That was quite a "telling statement" on your part.

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:23 am

SamCogar wrote:If they were not facts, ..... they would not be my beliefs.

That was quite a "telling statement" on your part.

And now on yours, too.
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:24 am

If they were not facts, ..... they would not be my beliefs.

Like the "fact" that improper foresting and surface mining can't cause flooding events that otherwise wouldn't have happened?

Right.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:32 am

TerryRC wrote:If they were not facts, ..... they would not be my beliefs.

Like the "fact" that improper foresting and surface mining can't cause flooding events that otherwise wouldn't have happened?

Right.

Oh, did they quit de-foresting and surface mining there in Charleston City Limits, Cross Lanes, etc. ..... the reason they haven't reported any flooding events recently?

Well, you must be right TRC, ..... no reported flooding in or around Charleston since they quit those devilish practices.

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:38 am

Well, you must be right TRC, ..... no reported flooding in or around Charleston since they quit those devilish practices.

The fact that those areas are largely paved and artificially drained means those areas are EXACTLY like a healthy, forested hillside...

...meh.

Facts... the more you know, the more you can ignore them.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:23 pm

TerryRC wrote:Well, you must be right TRC, ..... no reported flooding in or around Charleston since they quit those devilish practices.

The fact that those areas are largely paved and artificially drained means those areas are EXACTLY like a healthy, forested hillside...

...meh.

Facts... the more you know, the more you can ignore them.

Exactly like this, right:

In June 2003, flooding hit the Kanawha County area of West Virginia the hardest. About 1-˝ inches of rain fell in the Charleston area during a two-hour period. The resulting flood destroyed or damaged nearly 650 homes and 50 businesses. The Clendenin area of northern Kanawha County was no exception.
Kevin and Nancy Miller's house was destroyed in this flood. The Miller's home did not qualify for .............

My Mother is calling, ........ I gotta go. Razz Razz Razz

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:43 pm

My Mother is calling, ........ I gotta go.

Time for your violin lesson?

You do know that the area to which you refer has been heavily timbered, don't you?

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:13 am

TerryRC wrote:My Mother is calling, ........ I gotta go.

Time for your violin lesson?

You do know that the area to which you refer has been heavily timbered, don't you?

Well now, I assumed as much.

I mean like, ...... if those 650 homes and 50 businesses ..... were treehouses n' treebusinesses ....... they wouldn't have gotten flooded, now would they?

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2