WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions Arise About the Obama/Blagojevich

4 posters

Go down

Questions Arise About the Obama/Blagojevich Empty Questions Arise About the Obama/Blagojevich

Post by Keli Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:04 pm

Questions Arise About the Obama/Blagojevich Relationship
December 09, 2008 3:37 PM

"Obviously like the rest of the people of Illinois I am saddened and sobered by the news that came out of the US attorney's office today," said President-elect Obama this afternoon in Chicago, speaking of the criminal complaint against Democratic Gov. Rod Blagojevich for corruption. "But as this is a ongoing investigation involving the governor I don't think it would be appropriate for me to comment on the issue at this time."

Asked what contact he'd had with the governor's office about his replacement in the Senate, President-elect Obama today said "I had no contact with the governor or his office and so we were not, I was not aware of what was happening."

But on November 23, 2008, his senior adviser David Axelrod appeared on Fox News Chicago and said something quite different.

While insisting that the President-elect had not expressed a favorite to replace him, and his inclination was to avoid being a "kingmaker," Axelrod said, "I know he's talked to the governor and there are a whole range of names many of which have surfaced, and I think he has a fondness for a lot of them."

There are no allegations that President-elect Obama or anyone close to him had anything to do with any of the crimes Gov. Blagojevich is accused of having committed.

Obama, "This is not the Blagojevich that I knew..."

Last edited by Keli on Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Questions Arise About the Obama/Blagojevich Empty Re: Questions Arise About the Obama/Blagojevich

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:43 am

Questions Arise About the Obama/Blagojevich Capt.470ba87964f747988838f7dc55a1ae15.illinois_governor_profile_cx506
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Number of posts : 2310
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Questions Arise About the Obama/Blagojevich Empty Re: Questions Arise About the Obama/Blagojevich

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:50 pm

KHQA.com:

By Carol Sowers
Wednesday, November 05, 2008 at 10:39 a.m.

CHICAGO, ILL. -- Now that Barack Obama will be moving to the White House, his seat in the U.S. Senate representing Illinois will have to be filled.

That's one of Obama's first priorities today.

He's meeting with Governor Rod Blagojevich this afternoon [NOV. 5th!] in Chicago to discuss it.
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Number of posts : 2310
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:11 pm

Did Senate seat meeting happen? Reports now retracted
World Net Daily ^ | 12-10-08

A story by the Quincy station later that week indicated the meeting took place.

The station removed the links to the archived stories today, however, and posted an explanation after they were circulated on Internet blogs and reported by WND.

"KHQA TV wishes to offer clarification regarding a story that appeared last month on our website ConnectTristates.com. The story, which discussed the appointment of a replacement for President Elect Obama in the U.S. Senate, became the subject of much discussion on talk radio and on blog sites Wednesday. The story housed in our website archive was on the morning of November 5, 2008. It suggested that a meeting was scheduled later that day between President Elect Obama and Illinois Governor Blagojevich. KHQA has no knowledge that any meeting ever took place.
Keli
Keli

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:27 pm

Keli wrote:Did Senate seat meeting happen? Reports now retracted

Well "DUH", ...... did you really think that anyone can get

anything to stick to

Teflon Obom

Questions Arise About the Obama/Blagojevich 49761 Questions Arise About the Obama/Blagojevich 49761 Questions Arise About the Obama/Blagojevich 49761 Questions Arise About the Obama/Blagojevich 49761

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbuster Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:48 pm

Well Keli are you suggesting that a meeting did in fact take place?

sodbuster

Number of posts : 1890
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:06 pm

sodbuster wrote:Well Keli are you suggesting that a meeting did in fact take place?

No..and I am not stating that Brahm, O's CHIEF OF STAFF, spoke to Blago over 20 times about the Senate seat. The media reported it. Then retracted it. Then softened it. Then covered up for the O.
Keli
Keli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down