WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cheney approves of Obama's security team

3 posters

Go down

Cheney approves of Obama's security team Empty Cheney approves of Obama's security team

Post by Aaron Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:08 pm

VP lauds Obama's choice of national security team
2 hrs 53 mins ago
WASHINGTON – Vice President Dick Cheney is calling President-elect Barack Obama's national security lineup "a pretty good team."

In a wide-ranging interview with ABC News with 35 days left in the Bush administration, Cheney also again vehemently defended going to war in Iraq, said waterboarding of suspects in the war on terror was justified in some instances and opposed closing the military prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

"I must say, I think it's a pretty good team," Cheney said of Obama's national security choices, in a segment of the interview broadcast Tuesday on "Good Morning America."

"I'm not close to Barack Obama, obviously, nor do I identify with him politically. He's a liberal. I'm a conservative," he said.

But the vice president also said he thinks "the idea of keeping (Bob) Gates at defense is excellent. I think (retired Gen.) Jim Jones will be very, very effective as the national security adviser."

And Cheney said that while "I would not have hired" Hillary Rodham Clinton to be secretary of state, "I think she's tough. She's smart, she works very hard and she may turn out to be just what President Obama needs."

Cheney also urged the incoming administration to "carefully assess the tools put in place to fight terror" and to not cast aside strategies he said worked for the current administration.

source
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Cheney approves of Obama's security team Empty Re: Cheney approves of Obama's security team

Post by sodbuster Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:20 pm

Well that is no surprise that cheney would approve is it?

The ones who do not approve are the ones who elected him. imo

sodbuster

Number of posts : 1890
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Cheney approves of Obama's security team Empty Re: Cheney approves of Obama's security team

Post by Aaron Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:37 pm

Because he's governing from the center, just as someone on this board predicted he would do.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbuster Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:21 pm

Well speaking of Hillary and all, the talk seems to have subsided a little about giving her seat to Caroline Kennedy.

And Bill has been talking up Chelsea for a political career.

Personally I think her odds are better if she moves here to wv, but maybe the Clintons know a little more about NY politics than they are given credit for...

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/slideshow/photo//081119/photos_ts_afp/4683828f58bd29cffdfae0b57e08f7dc/

sodbuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Randall Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:39 pm

Except for Hillary, Obama's national security team so far looks superior to Bush's. We'll see what he does with the intel chiefs, though.
Randall
Randall

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbuster Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:03 pm

How do you evaluate an intelligence chief, Randall?

Serious question.

(unless you personally know and trust them)

sodbuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down