WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Basic Christian Theology Quiz

+3
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
SamCogar
Keli
7 posters

Go down

Basic Christian Theology Quiz Empty Basic Christian Theology Quiz

Post by Keli Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:16 pm

What Christians believe and why they believe it.
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Basic Christian Theology Quiz Empty Re: Basic Christian Theology Quiz

Post by SamCogar Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:54 am

Well now, I think I failed your Theology Quiz.

The 1st multiple choice question did not offer a "choice" for me to select ....... so I closed it out.

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:56 am

SamCogar wrote:Well now, I think I failed your Theology Quiz.

The 1st multiple choice question did not offer a "choice" for me to select ....... so I closed it out.

I'll put you down as an undecided frustrated agnostic. Are you a Solsticyst like bmd?
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Number of posts : 2310
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by shermangeneral Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:49 am

I made 100.

But a couple of them were a little iffy.

What did you make Keli? Armon?

shermangeneral

Number of posts : 1347
Registration date : 2007-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:16 pm

Armon Ayers wrote:

I'll put you down as an undecided frustrated agnostic. Are you a Solsticyst like bmd?

Why?
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:24 pm

shermangeneral wrote:I made 100.

But a couple of them were a little iffy.

What did you make Keli? Armon?

100-the first time. Quack.
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:34 pm

Where did you study theology TH? I can't remember if you said LU? or BJU?
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:35 pm

Aaron wrote:Where did you study theology TH? I can't remember if you said LU? or BJU?

BJU
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:40 pm

That's what I thought. Of course you got 100%. It would be pretty bad if you didn't, don't you think!!!
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:42 pm

I do have a question for you regarding the creed at BJU. I'm sure you're familiar with it so I'll only post the part I find intriguing.

Creed
I believe in the inspiration of the Bible (both the Old and the New Testaments);

Does that mean you believe man still lives under the laws of the old testament?
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:34 pm

Aaron wrote:I do have a question for you regarding the creed at BJU. I'm sure you're familiar with it so I'll only post the part I find intriguing.

Creed
I believe in the inspiration of the Bible (both the Old and the New Testaments);

Does that mean you believe man still lives under the laws of the old testament?

Dispensationally* speaking, there were three kinds of Law in the OT: Civil Law (relating to the governing of the nation of Israel), Ceremonial Law (relating to the Jewish system of worship) and the Commandments (The Moral Law). The Civil and Ceremonial Law have been fulfilled in Christ. Christ also fulfilled the Commandments ("tempted in all points--but without sin"). The Civil and Ceremonial Law must be historically/dispensationally interpreted. * http://www.wayoflife.org/fbns/studybible-dispensation.html The moral law continues--it is still wrong to lie, steal, commit adultery, kill, etc. All of the Ten Commandments are repeated in the NT--except "Remember the Sabbath"--because the NT day of worship is Sunday (to commemorate the resurrection of Christ. Actually, we worship God EVERYDAY--including Saturday. However, Sunday is our traditional day of worship.)
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:45 pm

But violation of none of those moral laws will send you to hell if you accept christ as your savior.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:15 pm

Aaron wrote:But violation of none of those moral laws will send you to hell if you accept christ as your savior.

The only sin that sends a person to Hell is rejecting Christ as Savior. Acts 4:12 Act 4:12 "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life--no man cometh unto the Father but by me." John 14:6

I am not saved because I am a Baptist--no one goes to Heaven by being a Baptist, Methodist, Catholic, etc. Salvation is not in a church. You are not saved because your parents were saved (God odes not have grandchildren--only children!). Salvation is in a Person--not a religion. And, it is "by grace through faith--not of works lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:8,9. I do not deserve Heaven. I deserve Hell--and I have proved that here many times. I am not saved by what I do, don't do or will do--I am saved by what Christ did for me on the Cross.

The following is from our church website http://mountainmanna.com It might be helpful.

JUSTIFICATION

Justification is God’s gracious and full acquittal, upon principles of righteousness, of all sinners who believe in Christ. This blessing is bestowed, not in consideration of any work of righteousness which we have done, but as a state of most blessed peace and favor with God, and secures every other needed blessing.

OF THE FREENESS OF SALVATION

We believe that the blessings of salvation are made free to all by the gospel; that it is the immediate duty of all to accept them by a cordial, penitent, and obedient faith; and that nothing prevents the salvation of the greatest sinner on earth but his own inherent depravity and voluntary rejection of the gospel; which rejection involves him in an aggravated condemnation.

REGENERATION

We believe that, in order to be saved, sinners must be regenerated, or born again; that regeneration consists in giving a holy disposition to the mind; that it is effected in a manner above our comprehension by the power of the Holy Spirit, in connection with divine truth, so as to secure our voluntary obedience to the gospel; and that its proper evidence appears in the holy fruits of repentance, and faith, and newness of life.

REPENTANCE AND FAITH

We believe that Repentance and Faith are sacred duties, and also inseparable graces, wrought in our souls by the regenerating Spirit of God; whereby being deeply convinced of our guilt, danger, and helplessness, and of the way of salvation by Christ, we turn to God with unfeigned contrition, confession, and supplication for mercy; at the same time heartily receiving the Lord Jesus Christ as our Prophet, Priest, and King, and relying on him alone as the only and all-sufficient Savior.

OF GOD’S PURPOSE OF GRACE

We believe that Election is the eternal purpose of God, according to which he graciously regenerates, sanctifies, and saves sinners; that being perfectly consistent with the free agency of man, it comprehends all the means in connection with the end; that it is a most glorious display of God’s sovereign goodness, being infinitely free, wise, holy, and unchangeable; that it utterly excludes boasting, and promotes humility, love, prayer, praise, trust in God, and active imitation of his free mercy; that it encourages the use of means in the highest degree; that it may be ascertained by its effects in all who truly believe the gospel; that it is the foundation of Christian assurance; and that to ascertain it with regard to ourselves demands and deserves the utmost diligence.

THE SECURITY OF THE BELIEVER

We believe that all born-again persons are eternally secure in Christ, since the Scriptures teach that our justification before God rests upon the finished work of Christ alone and forever remains the unchanging grounds of the believer’s faith. This security is further guaranteed by the continuous High Priestly work of Christ in Heaven itself and by the work of the Holy Spirit who wrought in the believer regeneration and performs an unceasing ministry within his soul.

Repentance of sin and faith in the finished work of Christ (the Gospel-- I Cor. 15:3,4) is all that is necessary for salvation. Romans 10:9, 10
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. 12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:28 pm

I'm not confused. I know what the christian religion teaches as the pathway to heaven.

When I read the creed, I was somewhat confused becasue it is my understanding that Jesus rescued us from old testament law when the veil of the temple was rent.

And probably the biggest flaw I see in religions/churches is the manner in which so many pick and choose which old testament law they follow and which they don't.

Either Christ is savior and all who accept him as such gain entrance into heaven REGARDLESS of who they are or how they live their life or he's not and old testament law doesn't play a role in it.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:41 pm

Aaron wrote:I'm not confused. I know what the christian religion teaches as the pathway to heaven.

When I read the creed, I was somewhat confused becasue it is my understanding that Jesus rescued us from old testament law when the veil of the temple was rent.

And probably the biggest flaw I see in religions/churches is the manner in which so many pick and choose which old testament law they follow and which they don't.

Either Christ is savior and all who accept him as such gain entrance into heaven REGARDLESS of who they are or how they live their life or he's not and old testament law doesn't play a role in it.

Romans 10:4-10 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth. 5 For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them. 6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:) 7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.) 8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; 9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Galatians 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

If there was anything we could do, undo or yet do to save ourselves, then Christ died for nothing.
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:38 pm

Me too, Sam.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:43 pm

Stephanie wrote:

Me too, Sam.

Same here.
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731

Back to top Go down

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:58 pm

ziggy wrote:
Stephanie wrote:

Me too, Sam.

Same here.

Sam, Steph and Zig,
How did you score on the Solsticyst Quiz? (By the way, which denomination are you Spring Solsticysts or Winter Solticysts?)

Last edited by Armon Ayers on Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:40 pm

I'm sure I'd flunk that too.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:56 am

Armon Ayers wrote:

Sam, Steph and Zig,
How did you score on the Solsticyst Quiz? (By the way, which denomination are you Spring Solsticysts or Winter Solticysts?)

I haven't seen it yet as of 10:55 AM Sunday ... or I don't think I have.

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down