WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I love George W. Bush

3 posters

Go down

I love George W. Bush Empty I love George W. Bush

Post by SamCogar Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:05 pm

The hanging of Saddam Hussein ended a reign of terror in one small nation, because his sons Oday and Qusay were sent packing long before that. Unlike Kim Jong-Il in North Korea, he had no heir.

To insist today that we should never have gone to Iraq is to say that Iraq should be like North Korea. That is stubborn, that is ignorant, and that is not liberal.

I leave readers with this thought from the Dalai Lama, as reported by the Times of India on Sunday: "I love George W. Bush."

So do I.

So should all freedom-loving people.

http://www.dailymail.com/Opinion/DonSurber/200901210494

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

I love George W. Bush Empty Re: I love George W. Bush

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:20 pm

SamCogar wrote:
The hanging of Saddam Hussein ended a reign of terror in one small nation, because his sons Oday and Qusay were sent packing long before that. Unlike Kim Jong-Il in North Korea, he had no heir.

To insist today that we should never have gone to Iraq is to say that Iraq should be like North Korea. That is stubborn, that is ignorant, and that is not liberal.

I leave readers with this thought from the Dalai Lama, as reported by the Times of India on Sunday: "I love George W. Bush."

So do I.

So should all freedom-loving people.

http://www.dailymail.com/Opinion/DonSurber/200901210494

Ditto

Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Number of posts : 2310
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:39 pm

I agree that the Iraqi people, regardless of what the pacifist/opposition will tell you, are better off today then they were under Sadaam Hussein.

Saying that, things were not all rosy. I don't know that we were justified in going in the manner we did but once our ENTIRE gave the green light, mistakes were made.

The first mistake (other then hiring Rumsfield) was the United States didn't commit enough troops to win the peace and secondly, Washington didn't pay for the war, both of which were glaring mistakes and have long term consequences.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down