WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obamessiah plans to increase troop level in Afghanistan

3 posters

Go down

Obamessiah plans to increase troop level in Afghanistan Empty Obamessiah plans to increase troop level in Afghanistan

Post by Keli Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:06 pm

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=afll.9YZiyUY&refer=worldwide

The Russian had close to 250,000 troops there. Ziggy, if you were young and able, would you be willing to fight there for Obamessiah (pbuh)? See this is what happens when an ACORN community organizer gets elected to POTUS! Even Ziggy doesn't support him!
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Obamessiah plans to increase troop level in Afghanistan Empty Re: Obamessiah plans to increase troop level in Afghanistan

Post by ziggy Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:16 pm

Politically, Obama is a non-issue with me. I have supported Ralph Nader for longer than I've even heard of Obama. So try shaking someone else's tree.
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731

Back to top Go down

Obamessiah plans to increase troop level in Afghanistan Empty Re: Obamessiah plans to increase troop level in Afghanistan

Post by Keli Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:23 pm

ziggy wrote:Politically, Obama is a non-issue with me. I have supported Ralph Nader for longer than I've even heard of Obama. So try shaking someone else's tree.

I'll put you down as non-committed or undecided.
Keli
Keli

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:45 pm

Keli wrote:
ziggy wrote:Politically, Obama is a non-issue with me. I have supported Ralph Nader for longer than I've even heard of Obama. So try shaking someone else's tree.

Well, make up your mind- which are you going to put me down as- non-committed, or undecided?

These people who can't make up their minds are so disgusting. They should be either tared & feathered, or left alone to wallow in their indecisiveness- I can't make up my mind which.

tongue tongue
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:07 pm

ziggy wrote:
Keli wrote:

Well, make up your mind- which are you going to put me down as- non-committed, or undecided?

These people who can't make up their minds are so disgusting. They should be either tared & feathered, or left alone to wallow in their indecisiveness- I can't make up my mind which.

tongue tongue

Okay...undecided.
Keli
Keli

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:57 pm

Obama has to increase troops to counter the increase of insurgents. So now we spend the next 8 years in a country where we really can't win thanks to this bunch.

Afghanistan says foreign fighters coming from Iraq
By Sayed Salahuddin Sayed Salahuddin
Wed Feb 4, 8:42 am ET

KABUL (Reuters) – With the reduction of violence in Iraq, foreign militants were now flooding into Afghanistan to join Taliban insurgents battling Afghan and international troops, the Afghan defense minister said Wednesday.

There was a 33 percent rise in insurgent attacks in Afghanistan in 2008, according to NATO-led forces.

Violence is expected to rise further in 2009 as Washington prepares to send up to 25,000 more troops into new areas of the southern Pashtun heartlands.

Defense Minister Abdul Rahim Wardak said there were about 15,000 Taliban fighters in Afghanistan but their numbers were being swelled by foreign insurgents moving in from Iraq, where violence has fallen after a U.S. troop "surge" and other measures.

"Since last year, as the result of the success of the surge in Iraq, there has been a flow of foreign terrorists into Afghanistan," Wardak told a news conference.

"There have been engagements ... in 2008, and in some of these engagements, actually 60 percent of the total force which we have encountered were foreign fighters," he said. Wardak was speaking after he and Afghan President Hamid Karzai held talks with NATO's supreme allied commander for Europe, U.S. General John Craddock.

The talks focused on training and equipping the Afghan army, which the U.S. military aims to increase from some 80,000 troops now to 134,000 in 2012, the planned deployment of the extra U.S. soldiers and ways to reduce civilians casualties, Wardak said.

U.S. President Barack Obama is expected to approve as early as this week plans to send up to 17,000 more combat troops to Afghanistan to add to the 36,000 American soldiers already battling Taliban insurgents in the country.

source
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down