WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dodd burps, belches and farts...did not hiccup or bump.

4 posters

Go down

Dodd burps, belches and farts...did not hiccup or bump. Empty Dodd burps, belches and farts...did not hiccup or bump.

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:33 pm

The State ^ | 2/2/2009 | DAVE COLLINS

-- Senate Banking Committee Chairman Chris Dodd said Monday he will refinance two personal home mortgages from a troubled national lender that are being investigated by a Senate ethics panel. Dodd said he sought no special treatment from Countrywide Financial Corp., when he refinanced his Washington and East Haddam, Conn., homes in 2003. Dodd has acknowledged participating in a VIP program at Countrywide, which he thought referred to upgraded customer service, not reduced rates. "Knowing what I know now, I regret having ever done business with Countrywide," Dodd said The terms of the mortgages are under investigation by the Senate
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Number of posts : 2310
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Dodd burps, belches and farts...did not hiccup or bump. Empty Re: Dodd burps, belches and farts...did not hiccup or bump.

Post by sodbuster Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:42 pm

well I figure if anything or anyone is investigated by the Senate it will be for something more substantive than a mortgage loan.

sodbuster

Number of posts : 1890
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Dodd burps, belches and farts...did not hiccup or bump. Empty Re: Dodd burps, belches and farts...did not hiccup or bump.

Post by Aaron Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:44 pm

I would think the chairman of the banking accepting favors (bribes) in return for favorable mortgages is a little more then substantive then you imply here.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbuster Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:51 pm

Let the chips fall where they may.

Can you say the same about the Bush admanistration re war crimes, violations of individual rights, torture etc.?

sodbuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:53 pm

Yes I can. There's a reason Obama won't allow Reid or Pelosi to start a partisan witch hunt. He knows it will result in nothing but more ill feelings.

Both Dodd and Barney Frank are both guilty of more serious crimes then GWB or DC is and we all know it.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbuster Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:55 pm

No we all dont know it.

sodbuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:02 pm

Anyone without viewing through partisan glasses and a preconceived notion of guilt does.

Articles of impeachment were offered against DC and threatened too many times to count, yet in spite of constant calls from the extreme left, no charges were ever considered.

If war crimes had occurred, then there would have been an investigation. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:40 am

Lovin' eyes never see, Aaron.
ohio county
ohio county

Number of posts : 3207

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:09 am

I know OC.

All of these problems will forever be GWB's solely just like the depression is Hoover's solely and Vietnam is Johnson's solely.

It's one thing to have loving eyes, it's quite another to competely ignore history.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:18 am

Fox was saying last night that if Obama doesn't get a meaningful stimulus package out pretty soon he would have to take ownership and be a one-termer.

I don't think so. I think the pattern is that you say a bunch of happy horse droppings about chickens in every pot and Happy Days and what not and you can pretty well move in for three or four terms. It doesn't seem to matter if what you do is effective or not. They reject any substantive and empirical evidence and claim you are blaspheming venerable FDR.
ohio county
ohio county

Number of posts : 3207

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:40 am

We thought Bill Clinton was the teflon President but he's got nothing on Barrack Obama. I think a large part of it has to do with the liberalness of the media.

By and large, our media has gone from a champion of the American people, a seeker of truth and a real check on the power of the government to nothing more then an unpaid cheerleader for the left.

What will end up happening is Barrack Obama will get credit for all that goes right and Congress and/or Republicans will get blamed for all that goes wrong.

Barring a major mistake by his Presidency, I don't know who will be silly enough to challenge Obama in 2012.

I know there is a lot of talk about Sarah Palin challenging him. If she's smart, she'll find her very own Karl Rove and be content to be a 2 to 3 term governor while learning the inns and outs and then throw her hat in the ring in 2016.

And she needs to stay out of the Senate.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down