WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This makes me sick...

5 posters

Go down

This makes me sick... Empty This makes me sick...

Post by Keli Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:27 pm

The bill’s health rules will affect “every individual in the United States” (445, 454, 479). Your medical treatments will be tracked electronically by a federal system. Having electronic medical records at your fingertips, easily transferred to a hospital, is beneficial. It will help avoid duplicate tests and errors.

But the bill goes further. One new bureaucracy, the National Coordinator of Health Information Technology, will monitor treatments to make sure your doctor is doing what the federal government deems appropriate and cost effective. The goal is to reduce costs and “guide” your doctor’s decisions (442, 446). These provisions in the stimulus bill are virtually identical to what Daschle prescribed in his 2008 book, “Critical: What We Can Do About the Health-Care Crisis.” According to Daschle, doctors have to give up autonomy and “learn to operate less like solo practitioners.”

Keeping doctors informed of the newest medical findings is important, but enforcing uniformity goes too far.
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

This makes me sick... Empty Re: This makes me sick...

Post by ziggy Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:54 am

Having twice been the victim of kidney stone attacks, I am glad that both hospital emergency rooms had uniform and effective treatment protocals to provide relief from the terrible pain from my kidney stones.

I am glad they did not toss a coin to see what kind of treatment I might be afforded this time. The diagnosis techniques and the treatment was the same- and successful- both times.
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:46 am

ziggy wrote:Having twice been the victim of kidney stone attacks, I am glad that both hospital emergency rooms had uniform and effective treatment protocals to provide relief from the terrible pain from my kidney stones.

I am glad they did not toss a coin to see what kind of treatment I might be afforded this time. The diagnosis techniques and the treatment was the same- and successful- both times.

That was before Porkulus. So, what is your point?
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:53 am

Read the story Frank. You’re anecdotal story doesn’t jive with what Keli is saying.

Kidney stones don’t render the patient unconscious so all you had to do was tell the doctor at the second hospital what the first did, and they would have done it.

A bill giving the government the authority to violate your 4th amendment rights wasn’t needed. And here you made out like such a proponent of the 4th amendment.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:20 am

If Washington bureaucrats are going to call the shots on dx & tx, will physicians still need all those years of training? If so, why?
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:52 am

Keli wrote:
ziggy wrote:Having twice been the victim of kidney stone attacks, I am glad that both hospital emergency rooms had uniform and effective treatment protocals to provide relief from the terrible pain from my kidney stones.

That was before Porkulus. So, what is your point?

My point is that uniformity in successful treatment of symptoms can be important.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:57 am

Kidney stones don’t render the patient unconscious so all you had to do was tell the doctor at the second hospital what the first did, and they would have done it.

Oh yeah, hospital physicians always let the patients tell them what to do.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:08 am

So which side of the 4th Amendment are you coming down on? Or is it not that you don't support violating constitutional rights; you just have a problem with Pete Thaw doing it?

Once again, you contradict yourself.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:10 am

ziggy wrote:

He's not your 5th grade teachers so quit cowering in the corner. Grow a pair and tell him what you want and if he doesn't meet your needs, then find a new doctor.

It's not hard Frank.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:11 am

ziggy wrote:

You mean you are dumb enough to allow anyone to work on you without asking questions or providing information.

Oh by the way Ziggy, I have a question. Since you you have a love affair with politicans and what them in every facet of your life. What would your reaction have been if a government beauracrat stopped your treatment because you are too old and it wouldn't be cost effective to treat you? Just courious.

Cato

Number of posts : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:12 am

A bill giving the government the authority to violate your 4th amendment rights wasn’t needed. And here you made out like such a proponent of the 4th amendment.

It is the Courts, not Aaron and not Ziggy, that will determine what does or doesn't violate 4th Amernment rights.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:14 am

What would your reaction have been if a government beauracrat stopped your treatment because you are too old and it wouldn't be cost effective to treat you? Just courious.

I would probably die, eventually.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:15 am

I don't see any courts here. All I see is you crying about violating 4th amendment rights when the topic was teachers, but when it was the central government doing the violating, you're willing to suck it.

You're the one contradicting yourself.

Again.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:21 am

Aaron wrote:I don't see any courts here. All I see is you crying about violating 4th amendment rights when the topic was teachers, but when it was the central government doing the violating, you're willing to suck it.

You're the one contradicting yourself.

You saw the Courts in the "topic was teachers" thread- as you lambasted Judge Goodwin for his ruling suspending Pete Thaw's demand that teacher piss in cup for him. Is your memory that short- or just that selective?
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:26 am

It wasn't a ruling tough guy, it was an injunction and I pointed out the judges err in making the statements he did in issuing that ruling.

The case has yet to be decided but it clearly should not be tried in his court. All his bias does is legitimize a challenge by the board should they lose the case. Even a first year law student knows that.

And you still haven't answered why your ok with the federal government violating your 4th amendment rights. So why is it that you're so willing to suck it when it comes to the feds?
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:31 am

I'm not. I did not support the so-called "stimulus" bill. Someone will challenge it, or parts of it, very likely, and it will be headed to the Courts to decide.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:35 am

Aaron wrote:It wasn't a ruling tough guy, it was an injunction and I pointed out the judges err in making the statements he did in issuing that ruling.

The case has yet to be decided but it clearly should not be tried in his court. All his bias does is legitimize a challenge by the board should they lose the case. Even a first year law student knows that.

But it was you who said:

Aaron wrote:I don't see any courts here.

But now you do, right?

It must be terrible to not be able to remember what you wrote only 10 or 15 minutes ago.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:36 am

ziggy wrote:
What would your reaction have been if a government beauracrat stopped your treatment because you are too old and it wouldn't be cost effective to treat you? Just courious.

So you believe you are the property of the government and a government beauracrat should have the say of life and death over you. Is that what you are saying?

Cato

Number of posts : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:46 am

Cato wrote:
ziggy wrote:

So you believe you are the property of the government and a government beauracrat should have the say of life and death over you. Is that what you are saying?

No.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down