WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And they line up at the trough

2 posters

Go down

And they line up at the trough Empty And they line up at the trough

Post by Cato Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:10 pm

I was reading in the local paper this afternoon, that our county commission was putting in their wish list for the stimulus packs, a welcome and concention center. Cost, if I remember, is about 14 million. Ain't that just peachy, a welcome and convention center, for a town of about 2,800, whose claim to fame is a chicken plant, the flatlanders that come here every weekend to tell us how to live, and Robert E. Lee thought about the place once and was glad to be elsewhere.

I guess if Bobby Byrd stops in too big a hurry, our commission will have to be taken to the hospital to get their head out of his butt.

That's right , I think the whole thing is a joke.

Cato

Cato

Number of posts : 2010
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

And they line up at the trough Empty Re: And they line up at the trough

Post by Stephanie Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:40 am

Putnam County has a lengthy wish list. I read it a couple of weeks ago. On the list is extending water lines, which would benefit me. Of course I want the water.......my well ran dry by the last week of May the first two years we were here. However, I'd much rather install a cistern and haul water than force my grandchildren to pay for it.

Call me crazy.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556
Registration date : 2007-12-28

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down