WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HURRY, FELLAS, LET'S VOTE, I AM OFF TO ROME!

4 posters

Go down

HURRY, FELLAS, LET'S VOTE, I AM OFF TO ROME! Empty HURRY, FELLAS, LET'S VOTE, I AM OFF TO ROME!

Post by Keli Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:56 am

HURRY, FELLAS, LET'S VOTE, I AM OFF TO ROME!
Fri Feb 13 2009 09:18:52 ET
DRUDGEREPORT:

Rep. John Culberson, TX claims the "stimulus" bill must be urgently voted on today -- because Speaker Nancy Pelosi is leaving at 6:00 PM for an 8 day trip to Europe!

Culberson made the charge on Houston's KSEV radio.

Pelosi is hoping to lead a delegation to Europe; there's a meeting with the Pope and an award from an Italian legislative group.

Calls to Pelosi's spokesman went unreturned.

In the rushing, Democrats have now broken their promise to have the public see the $790 billion bill for 48 hours before any vote.

Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-N.J.) predicted that none of his Senate colleagues would 'have the chance' to read the entire final version of the 1,071-page bill before it comes up for a final vote.

Developing..

Why would the pope give an audience to a wench guilty of a mortal sin--being pro-abortion?
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

HURRY, FELLAS, LET'S VOTE, I AM OFF TO ROME! Empty Re: HURRY, FELLAS, LET'S VOTE, I AM OFF TO ROME!

Post by Cato Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:04 am

If the Stimulus is actually reviewed even for the 48 hours, so much pressure will come to bear it might not pass. Many people don't realize what the bill contains. In fact I don't imagine most of the bimbos in congress have a clue what all the bill contains.

Cato

Cato

Number of posts : 2010

Back to top Go down

HURRY, FELLAS, LET'S VOTE, I AM OFF TO ROME! Empty Re: HURRY, FELLAS, LET'S VOTE, I AM OFF TO ROME!

Post by ohio county Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:07 am

So far as I can determine, the conferees' bill was published on-line at 9:45 and the bill was to be taken up for consideration at 10:30 AM. Part A was 496 pages long. I didn't even try to download part B...
ohio county
ohio county

Number of posts : 3207

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:19 am

You ever read the 62nd Federalist. I wonder how the illustrious politicans reconcile the mass volumes of paper they produce with the writtings of the founders.

Oh, I forgot, things like principle, morals, and ethics don't matter, just as long as the various groups who put them in office get to feed at the trough.

Cato

Cato

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:39 pm

Founders? Accroding to our self proclaimed expert, it doesn't matter what the founders intent was. The constitution means whatever we want it to mean Cato and legislating with the purse strings is perfectly alright.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:03 pm

Aaron wrote:Founders? Accroding to our self proclaimed expert, it doesn't matter what the founders intent was. The constitution means whatever we want it to mean Cato and legislating with the purse strings is perfectly alright.

Yea, as long as it goes his way, but watch him whine when the pendullem swings the other direction.

Cato

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down