WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Former Bush Aide Blasts Obama for Budget Criticism

5 posters

Go down

Former Bush Aide Blasts Obama for Budget Criticism Empty Former Bush Aide Blasts Obama for Budget Criticism

Post by SamCogar Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:45 pm

President Bush's former spokesman calls the Obama administration's claims of fiscal responsibility the "height of audacity."

On the day President Obama and his team released a budget outline for fiscal year 2010, former Bush Deputy Press Secretary Tony Fratto said the $3.55 trillion spending plan is over the top.

"Trying to mask huge spending increases under the cloak of 'fiscal responsibility' is the height of audacity," Fratto told FOX News on Thursday.

Fratto also took issue with Obama's criticisms of the way the Bush budgets were offered.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/02/26/bush-aide-blasts-obama-budget-criticism/

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Former Bush Aide Blasts Obama for Budget Criticism Empty Re: Former Bush Aide Blasts Obama for Budget Criticism

Post by ohio county Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:10 pm

This must be what he meant by his book, The Audacity of Hype. The deficit is going to fall when tax revenue increases whatever Obama does. It is indeed audacious to change the equation by increasing spending and claiming fiscal responsibility.
ohio county
ohio county

Number of posts : 3207

Back to top Go down

Former Bush Aide Blasts Obama for Budget Criticism Empty Re: Former Bush Aide Blasts Obama for Budget Criticism

Post by Keli Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:19 pm

ohio county wrote:This must be what he meant by his book, The Audacity of Hype. The deficit is going to fall when tax revenue increases whatever Obama does. It is indeed audacious to change the equation by increasing spending and claiming fiscal responsibility.
\

Is Obama the guy that starred in "The Gods Must Be Crazy?"
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:19 am

Wasn't that the best movie?
ohio county
ohio county

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbuster Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:38 am

How on earth could the Bush Administration criticize anyone?

For dang near anything?

Best they slink back to Texas and try to be as inconspicuous as possible.

Lest the natives get restless.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=30725

(I posted an objective analysis of the last eight years by a rightwing source so as not to appear to be political...)

sodbuster

Number of posts : 1890
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbuster Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:09 am

And here is where we stand diplomatically and militarily around the world...

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=30786

I wish it were not so, but facts are stubborn things.

I did not "wish" for a catastrophic national failure home and abroad, which is the legacy of the Bush Administration.

Like those on the right are openly hoping for the failure of the Obama Administration.

I know this will fall on deaf ears amongst the regular posters here, but now is the time for national unity.

We have a horrible hole we need to dig ourselves out of.

I for one would not want to be seen/remembered as a nit-picking naysayer during a time of National calamity.

There will be plenty of time for political obstructionism later, but "now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country.."

sodbuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:24 am

6 months, right Sherman.

If I recall correctly, and we both know I do, that's how long you said it would take for Obama to clean up Bush's problems and then they would become his. You only have 5 more months.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:36 am

And here's a perfect example. Iraq is quickly becomming Obama'a baby. Democrats been saying for going on 3 years that they were going to end the war in Iraq and bring ALL the troops home?

Even with the drawdown, a sizable U.S. force of 35,000 to 50,000 U.S. troops will stay in Iraq under a new mission of training, civilian protection and counterterrorism.

The potential size of that remaining force doesn't please leaders of Obama's own Democratic Party, who had envisioned a fuller withdrawal. Obama personally briefed House and Senate members of both parties about his intentions behind closed doors Thursday.

source
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbuster Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:50 am

Well Aaron you are pretty much right on both counts.

Especially the latter.

I may have under-stated with the six months though.

They are saying at least a year now.

Plus it looks like the republicans will obstruct and sabotage all they can.

sodbuster

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:53 am

Sabotage what? You advocated impeaching the last president and now you demand loyalty to yours. You talk out of both sides of your mouth at the same time. Why would you demand something you've never shown?
ohio county
ohio county

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:54 am

What happened to that bridge you claimed to be building? Did you sabotage it?
ohio county
ohio county

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbuster Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:09 am

Now OC you know once this crisis hit I put all politics aside and swallowed my discontent so as not to be obstructionist in such a situation.

Like you have oft said, I can be a little partisan on occasion.

But these are perilous waters.

And dangerous times.

Did you read Buchanan's numbers?

sodbuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:12 am

Not on Iraq, Republicans aren't doing anything. If Obama wanted to bring ALL troops home, which is what democrats have been promising for 3 years now, he could. He is choosging to leave 50,000 troops there, continuing the occupation.

And if Congress doesn't like it, then they simply need to stop funding the war. Or put in legislation that brings them home and force Obama to veto it.

I guess will see if Congress was all bark when Bush was in office or now.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:15 am

sodbuster wrote:Now OC you know once this crisis hit I put all politics aside and swallowed my discontent so as not to be obstructionist in such a situation?

You didn't have to swallow anything. Bush of 2008, which is when you supported him, was a liberal spending democrat.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:16 am

That's not what you swallowed...
ohio county
ohio county

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbuster Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:28 am

Well Aaron I know you have a long memory.

So I'm sure you recall I had serious misgivings about Obama's commitment to end the occupation.

But the alternative was saying he might stay 100 years.

sodbuster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down