WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dancing to Big Labor's Tune

+2
Cato
Aaron
6 posters

Go down

Dancing to Big Labor's Tune Empty Dancing to Big Labor's Tune

Post by Aaron Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:26 am

Dancing to Big Labor's Tuneby Newt Gingrich
After spending an astounding $61 million to elect Democrats in the 2008 elections, union bosses are getting their payback this week.

Yesterday, so-called "Card Check" legislation was introduced in both the House and the Senate.

Card Check strips American workers of the right to a secret ballot and gives the federal government the right to impose labor contracts on workers.

The timing of this assault on the freedom of the American workplace could not be worse. A new study shows that for every three workers coerced into joining a union under Card Check, one job will be eliminated by besieged American businesses.

Card Check Could Eliminate 600,000 Jobs In Its First Year

That means that an estimated 600,000 jobs could be lost due to Card Check in the first year alone - and that's on top of the over four million jobs already lost to the flagging economy.

Card Check is a job killer. Even Obama supporter Warren Buffet opposes it, saying "I think the secret ballot is pretty important in the country. I'm against card check." Watch him here.

But as far as Big Labor is concerned, a deal's a deal. Their goal is to get their allies in Washington to ram Card Check through Congress this week, before anyone notices that American workers and businesses are losing fundamental rights.

That's why we need to act, and we need to act today at AmericanSolutions.com/FreedomNotFear.

Biden to Unions: "You All Brought Me to the Dance...It's Time We Start Dancing"
What's happening in Washington this week is old style, quid-pro-quo politics - the kind President Obama pledged as a candidate to end. Supporters of the so-called Employee Free Choice Act (that's their Orwellian name for Card Check) claim to be all about protecting American workers.

But leave it to Vice President Joe Biden to inadvertently tell the truth.

In a meeting with the AFL-CIO last week, Biden made it clear who's calling the shots when it comes to American workers, businesses and jobs. He told the gathering of union big-wigs:

"You all brought me to the dance a long time ago, and it's time we start dancing."

82% of Democrats Oppose Eliminating the Secret Ballot
For big labor and their allies in Washington, it's time to start dancing - and dancing fast.

Vice President Biden and the union bosses hope to duplicate with Card Check the Obama Administration's success in rushing the mammoth $787 billion stimulus bill through Congress so quickly most members never had time to read it.

The reason they have to act quickly is simply this: The vast majority of Americans - 77 percent of Republicans, 82 percent of Democrats and 79 percent of independents - oppose what they're trying to do. (Source)

Not only that, but the latest surveys show that a full 82 percent of Americans say they don't want to belong to a union.

The Stakes Are High This Week
But it's precisely this kind of pro-secret ballot, pro-freedom sentiment among the American people that makes union bosses so eager to pass Card Check.

Under Card Check, union organizers and their enforcers will be able to go into any small business, hospital or construction site and coerce workers into signing cards. If they get 50 percent plus one, the deal's done, and the workers are forced into a union. And if management and the new union fail to reach a negotiated contract, the federal government will just impose one. Coerced unionization allows for what is effectively a new, unaccountable form of forced taxation. Workers will have a portion of their paycheck going to the union to be spent as the bosses see fit, including political donations to parties and candidates that the workers may not even support.

Talk about an "offer you can't refuse." There's no vote. No secret ballot. No right to freely negotiate the contract. The workers, the workplace, and a portion of the worker's paychecks are controlled by the union bosses.

For Americans like you and me, the stakes are high this week. Hanging in the balance are literally hundreds of thousands of jobs, not to mention fundamental freedoms like the ability of small businesses to create and sustain jobs, the freedom of American workers to have a say in how their workplace is organized, and the freedom of American workers to freely choose whether they want to give money to politicians and political parties.

Congress Is Holding Hearings This Week
Make Your Voice Heard at AmericanSolutions.com/FreedomNotFear

The time to act is now - this week, while Congress holds hearings on Card Check.

Inside, you'll learn which energy sector is poised to grow 17 times over, and how you can play the fastest growing energy source in the world for huge profits!

So forget the panic about high energy prices...get the full, inside story on the "Oil Hoax" right now - and profit from the world's most unique energy investment opportunities.

Freedom Not Fear is grassroots petition drive to preserve American jobs and preserve the right of the secret ballot for American workers. Over 80,000 Americans have already gone to AmericanSolutions.com/FreedomNotFear and signed the petition, but we need more help.

Remember the "Drill Here, Drill Now, Pay Less" campaign from last summer? With your help we were able to change hearts and minds on Capitol Hill about the necessity of using more safe, clean American energy.

We can do the same with Freedom Not Fear. Congress needs to hear from the sweeping majorities of Americans of all political parties who oppose this massive power grab by Big Labor.

The union bosses want to silence the voices of American workers and businesses. Go to Americansolutions.com/FreedomNotFear today and let them know that we won't go down without a fight.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Dancing to Big Labor's Tune Empty Re: Dancing to Big Labor's Tune

Post by Cato Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:39 am

Just thought you might be interested in what your senators in Charleston are doing - -

SENATE RESOLUTION NO. 28

(By Senators White, Yost, Laird, Chafin, Foster,

Green, Snyder, Unger, Fanning, Wells, D. Facemire,

Kessler, Edgell and Bowman
)

Urging the United States Congress pass the Employee Free Choice Act.

Whereas, In 1935, the United States established by law that workers must be free to form unions; and
Whereas, The freedom to form or join a union is internationally recognized as a fundamental human right; and
Whereas, Union membership provides workers better wages and benefits and protection from discrimination and unsafe workplaces; and
Whereas, Workers want to organize, but can't when more than 40 million U. S. workers say they would join a union now if they had the opportunity; and
Whereas, Even though on paper America's workers have the freedom to choose for themselves whether to have a union, in reality workers across the nation are routinely denied that right; and
Whereas, When the right of workers to form a union is violated, wages fall, race and gender pay gaps widen, workplace discrimination increases and job safety standards disappear; and
Whereas, Many thousands of America's workers are routinely threatened, coerced or fired each year because they try to form a union; and
Whereas, Most violations of workers' freedom to choose a union occur behind closed doors and each year millions of dollars are spent to frustrate workers' efforts to form unions; and
Whereas, A worker's fundamental right to choose a union is a public issue that requires public policy solutions, including legislative remedies; and
Whereas, The Employee Free Choice Act would authorize the National Labor Relations Board to certify a union as the bargaining representative when a majority of employees voluntarily sign authorizations designating the union to represent them or by a secret ballot election should 30 percent of the workers choose a ballot election; therefore, be it
Resolved by the Senate:
That the Senate hereby urges the United States Congress to pass the Employee Free Choice Act; and, be it
Further Resolved, That the Clerk is hereby directed to forward a copy of this resolution to West Virginia's congressional delegation.

Cato

Number of posts : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbuster Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:45 am

the employee free choice act does NOT eliminate union elections.

That is chamber of commerce propoganda.

The resolution speaks for itself, and seems like a good one to me.

sodbuster

Number of posts : 1890
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:03 am

Sure, when faced with mounting debt, increased unemployment, failures in auto industry to Wall Street, now is the precise time Congress should deny workers the essential liberty of a secret ballot.

Bravo!
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:22 pm

I know a couple of the bonehead senators that sponsered this resolution. Both are nothing but blithering idiots sucking up to union lefties for the sake of buying a vote or two.

You are right Stephanie in what you posted, but then again look at what occupies the halls of congress and the oval office and that explains the whole issue. You have nothing leftist meatheads witht he IQ of an Ameoba.

Cato

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:23 pm

I'm sorry I should have been more senative during my last post. I didn't mean to insult Ameobas. I humbly apologize to them.

Cato

Cato

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:01 pm

On behalf of Amoebas everywhere, your apology is accepted.

Last edited by ohio county on Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total
ohio county
ohio county

Number of posts : 3207

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:10 pm

sodbuster wrote:the employee free choice act does NOT eliminate union elections.

That puts you in line with 18% of union workers.

Perhaps you can explain why 82% of union workers DO NOT support CARD CHECK.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:22 pm

ohio county wrote:On behalf of Amoebas everywhere, you apology is accepted.

Thank You

Cato

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:07 pm

It is political payback pure and simple. The goal is to pay for democrat victories for generations to come and damn the consequences. They could hold this until Obama spends us into prosperity but they know that won't work.
ohio county
ohio county

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:17 am

Stephanie wrote:Sure, when faced with mounting debt, increased unemployment, failures in auto industry to Wall Street, .................

Bravo!

BRAVO is right, ......... just what the partisan Democrats dearly love.

They know that if they keep them barefoot and hungry ........ they remain loyal Democrat supporters. And 75 years of Democrat control of the WV Legislature prove that a fact.

And that is why it is silly to try to reason with Shermmy, ........ he knows what works or use to work in WV and he is not interested in discussing the merits of anything political or politically defaming to Democrats.

Dancing to Big Labor's Tune 249131 Dancing to Big Labor's Tune 249131 Dancing to Big Labor's Tune 249131

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:35 am

I think the operative word is "seems like a good one..." I think you're dealing with feelings here and not "reason".
ohio county
ohio county

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:57 am

While it's partially a payback to labor OC, it's also democrats looking after themselves. Union membership is at it's lowest point in more then 80 years, with only about 13% of workers represented by unions. As the downward trend declines, democrats are watching a major source of funding dry up.

They HAVE to pass card check or find another source of funding because even though the union is donating billions and support the liberal democratic agenda, union workers are not donating and do not support the liberal democratic agenda.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:59 am

Aaron wrote:
sodbuster wrote:the employee free choice act does NOT eliminate union elections.

Why do you support a policy union workers do not Sodbuster?

Dancing to Big Labor's Tune Google-yahoo-cricket
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbuster Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:13 am

ohio county wrote:I think the operative word is "seems like a good one..." I think you're dealing with feelings here and not "reason".

Well I'm just doing the best I can with what I've got.

I have repeatedly acknowledged that I dont know as much as I'd like to.

Unlike some others who think they know it all.

There is an expression my Dad used sometimes.

I don't know if it originated with him, but he is the one I remember using it.

"I would like to buy these people for what they are worth, and sell them for what they think they are worth."

I know it is meant as a criticism to say people let feelings cloud their thinking, but I don't see as how that's such a bad thing.

sodbuster

Number of posts : 1890
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:47 am

sodbuster wrote:
There is an expression my Dad used sometimes.

"I would like to buy these people for what they are worth, and sell them for what they think they are worth."

And you have put it to good use for your benefit all these past years ......... and the two Senators and the WV Legislature is proof of that.

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:02 am

Aaron wrote:
Aaron wrote:

Why do you support a policy union workers do not support Sodbuster and how is it a good amendment?

Dancing to Big Labor's Tune Cricket
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:08 am

Well, geesh, Aaron. Sherm spent all those years in the UMW. As a retired union guy himself, don't you think he'd be inclined to support the union?
ohio county
ohio county

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:41 am

Not when 4 out of 5 union workers DO NOT SUPPORT the union. He's the one that said it's a good program. 4 out of 5 DO NOT think it is. This is not a complex issue that I'm asking a simplistic answer for.

Sodbuster stated an opinion that 4 out 5 union members DO NOT SUPPORT.

I ask him to why and to clarify that opinion and why.

3 times.

As is often the case, in as polite a manner as I can think of, he's refused to answer a very simple question.

I think it is because he has no simple answer.

I do.

He supports it because the democratic party supports it.

He just won’t admit it.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:49 am

I don't know. I'm sitting here wondering if maybe, just maybe, Dodd is biting the bullet for Geithner.

I'm sure there is blame to go around, however, I believe Geithner orchestrated the whole shebang and is primarily responsible. It seems to me a number of folks up on Capitol Hill know this and that's why they're calling for his head. Obama is invested in his new Secretary and standing behind him and I'm kind of thinking maybe Dodd is doing this as a favor to be called in at a later time.

Anyway, that's what the lady from Putnam County is pondering.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:22 pm

What? A pardon maybe?
ohio county
ohio county

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:25 pm

Could be but I'm sure he doesn't think he has done anything requiring a pardon.

Please don't ask me to try to figure out what that jackass is thinking.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:54 pm

I don't want to make anybody's case for them but if I were arguing for public financing of political campaigns, Dodd would be my poster boy!.

What was he thinking?
ohio county
ohio county

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:13 am

Aaron wrote:
Aaron wrote:
Aaron wrote:

Why do you support a policy union workers do not support Sodbuster and how is it a good amendment?

Dancing to Big Labor's Tune Cricket

Why do you support a policy 82% of union workers DO NOT support Sodbuster?

Dancing to Big Labor's Tune Typical_cricket
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down