WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here is the Caliber of Individual that Leads this Nation

4 posters

Go down

Here is the Caliber of Individual that Leads this Nation Empty Here is the Caliber of Individual that Leads this Nation

Post by Cato Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:48 pm

Read the column

Death threats to executives at AIG, because of the bonuses they received, are one more sign of the utter degeneration of politics in our time.

Congressman Barney Frank has threatened to summon these executives before his committee and force them to reveal their home addresses-- which would of course put their wives and children at the mercy of whatever kooks might want to literally take a shot at them.

The real point is to pander to envy and resentment against people who make a lot of money. Envy is always referred to by its political alias, "social justice." But to put the lives of the wives and children of executives at risk for the sake of Beltway grandstanding shows how low our political saviors have sunk.

Thomas Sowell

Cato

Number of posts : 2010
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Here is the Caliber of Individual that Leads this Nation Empty Re: Here is the Caliber of Individual that Leads this Nation

Post by SamCogar Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:19 am

Glenn Beck, on Fox @ 5:00PM, reported that it was Obama's buddies at ACORN who organized and paid for the busses that transported all those protestors to the homes of AIG executives in Connecticut to stage those demostrations. Even made sure the media was there to report on it.

And that is how Obama got his "community organizing" experience that qualified him to be POTUS.

Here is the Caliber of Individual that Leads this Nation 33948 Here is the Caliber of Individual that Leads this Nation 33948 Here is the Caliber of Individual that Leads this Nation 33948

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Here is the Caliber of Individual that Leads this Nation Empty Re: Here is the Caliber of Individual that Leads this Nation

Post by ohio county Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:42 am

I remember you listened to Glenn Beck a while ago. How do you like Glenn Beck on FOX?
ohio county
ohio county

Number of posts : 3207

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:13 am

How do you like Glenn Beck on FOX?

OH WOW, ...... he is now a "loose cannon" with basically "no holds barred".

And he tells it like it is with no bias or partiality to either Party. And he doesn't mince words when it comes to naming names of who is responsible for the FUBARS causing the collapse of our economy.

Even has Ron Paul on his show quite often to express his views and to substantiate Glenn's claims.

CNN had him muffled and I don't know for sure whether they fired him or he resigned.

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:21 am

I heard once that he was dyslexic and wondered if his problems with handling graphic symbols led him to his easy facility for explaining complex issues so that folks like me could understand them. I think he is very good on issues like the economy and I especially liked his series on Muslim fundamentalists. I know he has some libertarian tendencies and I think that's why I paid any attention to him in the first place.
ohio county
ohio county

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:22 am

Jim,

I know you didn't ask my opinion, but you're getting it anyway. lol

I think Glenn Beck is coming around. I remember just two years ago he was disrespectful to Congressman Paul and made snide remarks about him now and again. A year or so ago I remember he had Ron Paul on to discuss entitlement spending and he started the conversation, "I don't ordinarily agree with you but you've hit the nail squarely on the head" sort of thing.

In recent months he's actually taken to defending the Congressman, talking about legislation Paul has introduced, and generally publicly stating his agreement and support of many of the issues Ron Paul has been striving to bring to the attention of the American people. I've seen him apologize to Dr Paul.

So I think he's coming around. I'm happy about that because he has such a large audience but I don't care for him. He's pompous and plastic.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:28 am

Yes, he does come off as superficial. But I don't think he is able to read and it affects how he presents things to his audience. I saw him talking to Ron Paul just before the election on his show on Headline News. He almost pandered to him. I thought he was very respectful.

So I can forgive him a little. Hannity short-shrifted the Congressman, I thought, and insulted his supporters on more than one occasion. With the way he walks all over his "guest's" answers I don't see why any of them ever come on.

I can understand how you feel about Glenn Beck but if you catch him talking about M1 and M2, for instance, you might feel differently.
ohio county
ohio county

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:55 am

Now Sean Hannity I can't stomach. I refuse to watch him or listen to him or even read quotes by him. He's such a frigging neocon and I blame people like him for the mess we're in today. It's his kind that have hijacked our party and run it into the ground. He's not satisfied with that though, he has to go and try to marginalize the very people working so hard to save the party and restore us our essential freedoms.

I think Hannity's problem is he's afraid. He's willing to give up liberty for the illusion of security. If I were Queen for a day I'd banish him to Siberia.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down