WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bawney Fwank Wants TO Wun The Baiwoutees

4 posters

Go down

Bawney Fwank Wants TO Wun The Baiwoutees Empty Bawney Fwank Wants TO Wun The Baiwoutees

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:36 am

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/Beyond-AIG-A-Bill-to-let-Big-Government-Set-Your-Salary-42158597.html

It was nearly two weeks ago that the House of Representatives, acting in a near-frenzy after the disclosure of bonuses paid to executives of AIG, passed a bill that would impose a 90 percent retroactive tax on those bonuses. Despite the overwhelming 328-93 vote, support for the measure began to collapse almost immediately. Within days, the Obama White House backed away from it, as did the Senate Democratic leadership. The bill stalled, and the populist storm that spawned it seemed to pass.

But now, in a little-noticed move, the House Financial Services Committee, led by chairman Barney Frank, has approved a measure that would, in some key ways, go beyond the most draconian features of the original AIG bill. The new legislation, the "Pay for Performance Act of 2009," would impose government controls on the pay of all employees -- not just top executives -- of companies that have received a capital investment from the U.S. government. It would, like the tax measure, be retroactive, changing the terms of compensation agreements already in place. And it would give Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner extraordinary power to determine the pay of thousands of employees of American companies.

The purpose of the legislation is to "prohibit unreasonable and excessive compensation and compensation not based on performance standards," according to the bill's language. That includes regular pay, bonuses -- everything -- paid to employees of companies in whom the government has a capital stake, including those that have received funds through the Troubled Assets Relief Program, or TARP, as well as Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

The measure is not limited just to those firms that received the largest sums of money, or just to the top 25 or 50 executives of those companies. It applies to all employees of all companies involved, for as long as the government is invested. And it would not only apply going forward, but also retroactively to existing contracts and pay arrangements of institutions that have already received funds.

In addition, the bill gives Geithner the authority to decide what pay is "unreasonable" or "excessive." And it directs the Treasury Department to come up with a method to evaluate "the performance of the individual executive or employee to whom the payment relates."

Last edited by Armon Ayers on Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Number of posts : 2310
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Bawney Fwank Wants TO Wun The Baiwoutees Empty Re: Bawney Fwank Wants TO Wun The Baiwoutees

Post by SamCogar Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:29 am

How's come Sherman isn't on here defending these Democrat acts of Communisticalism?

Is he on the road trucking to earn big money to pay my SS benefits so I can pay that $6 for a pack of cigarettes?

I'm sure glad because Obama gonna need more money to keep my checks a coming.

Bawney Fwank Wants TO Wun The Baiwoutees 197570 Bawney Fwank Wants TO Wun The Baiwoutees 197570 Bawney Fwank Wants TO Wun The Baiwoutees 197570

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Bawney Fwank Wants TO Wun The Baiwoutees Empty Re: Bawney Fwank Wants TO Wun The Baiwoutees

Post by Stephanie Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:12 pm

He is busy defending teacher unions at the gazz website and sucking up to One Communist. He only lurks here now that he knows I will do no more to prevent Obama bashing than I did to prevent Bush bashing.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:47 pm

Sherman wants to dish it out but he surely can't take it. How he can discuss politics with that type of personality is beyond me.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:27 pm

Stephanie wrote:He is busy defending teacher unions at the gazz website and sucking up to One Communist. He only lurks here now that he knows I will do no more to prevent Obama bashing than I did to prevent Bush bashing.

What gazz website?
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:53 am

Armon Ayers wrote: What gazz website?

Both the Gazette and DM permits on-line readers to comment on News items and Op-Ed commentary. Postings are permitted at the bottom of each item ....... if you register to do so.

But I noticed that it seems like if the Editor doesn't like the criticisms then the "item" is quickly removed so no more posting is permitted on that particular article.

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:13 am

Aaron wrote:Sherman wants to dish it out but he surely can't take it. How he can discuss politics with that type of personality is beyond me.

Aaron, letta me clue you in on that.

First of all, he doesn't discuss politics ...... and his intent never has been to ...... discuss politics.

Sherman's thirty (30) or so years of nurtured "authority" personality prohibits him from doing so. After so many years of getting no "back-talk" or contrary rebuttal from the public in general concerning any opinion he wished to express, ........ he actually began to believe that everyone was obligated to pay attention to what he had to say, ....... accept it as truth and fact ....... and to never offer a disenting opinion on said.

And therein lies the roots of "can dish it out but can't take it".

Now on the old Gazette Forums, Dan Radamacher, the Editorial Page Editor, was also the Forum Administrator and an avid poster. Dan also had a "lefty liberal" authortarian mindset like Sherman's. Dan derived his mindset from ten (10) years of "control" of the contents of the Op-Ed section of the Gazette. Dan also "like to dish it out" ...... but "didn't like to take it" ........ because he never had to all his years at the Gazette because he was nurtured in "Partisan Democrat Rhetoric" by J Haught, etc.

Thus said, Sherman would support Dan's postings ...... and Dan would support Sherman's posting ...... and if any poster, .... such as myself, ..... got too contrarian, dissenting and/or told them where the bear actually deficated in the buckwheat. ...... Dan would weild his Administrative "hammer" to silence them by either threatening to or banning them from posting to the Forum.

And thus the reason Sherman is pissed at Stephanie, ...... he actually believes and expects the same treatment from her that Dan R afforded him.

cheers.

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:30 pm

Bawney Fwank Wants TO Wun The Baiwoutees BarneyFrankBankingQueen
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down