WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Easily Offices Are Stolen in the US

2 posters

Go down

How Easily Offices Are Stolen in the US Empty How Easily Offices Are Stolen in the US

Post by ziggy Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:59 am

........................... But that election was stolen long before then. I mean really, just how much did you like those two choices?

Did you like John McCain until that false rumor began about his adopted child of color being the result of an illicit affair? Did you like Howard Dean until that yelling thing happened and the networks showed it over and over again?

No bullet needed for Dean, no bloody end for McCain; why really assassinate them when character assassination does just fine?

Well this week I stood in Maine’s Hall of Flags with a candidate whose days are numbered. Not because they deserve to be, but because he just won’t get a fair chance. He’s under-funded and marginalized and ridiculed and at times worse - treated like he doesn’t exist. The election stealers won’t stop until Ron Paul has gone the way of Dennis Kucinich and all the “opposition” voices are silenced.

And don’t even get me started about the third party choices that you will never get.

No, by Election Day you’ll substantively have only two choices. And the election will go to a friend of drug companies, insurance companies, imperialism and war.

http://www.commondreams.org/archive/2008/01/30/6727/
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

How Easily Offices Are Stolen in the US Empty Re: How Easily Offices Are Stolen in the US

Post by SamCogar Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:37 am

Did you read all 48 of the comments following the article?

Some were pretty good. Here is one.

I fear that it doesn’t matter at all what any of us want—I now speak simply as a US citizen. We have totally lost control of the electoral process—not sure when it happened or if there has been an actual fair election in my lifetime.

I just know that unless the majority of the US voting population can acknowledge that the game is rigged and if we want any say in what is done in our name and how our tax dollars are spent—we had better get off our butts and insist on voting on hand counted paper ballots nationwide—and the counting must be done in public and every aspect, every stage of the tabulating open for public review.

If it takes a week to get the results, so the F–K what? Isn’t it worth it to know that even if we are given limited choices, at least we had some say in the final outcome???? Maybe if elections were conducted this way, we might even have more to say about who the party nominees turn out to be.

Right now, voting makes so little sense to me, because our voting system is not secure—-PURE AND SIMPLE!!!! And why every elected representative does not make this a legislative priority only reinforces my view that the system is rigged. And those doing the rigging leave no stone unturned, no contingency left to chance. WAKE UP FOLKS!!!! Believe it or not, things can get worse, and I fear they will if we don’t act quickly.

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down