WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No problem, ...... the taxpayers don't mind.

4 posters

Go down

No problem, ...... the taxpayers don't mind. Empty No problem, ...... the taxpayers don''t mind.

Post by SamCogar Thu May 14, 2009 1:37 pm

President Obama has formally requested the money for a $100 billion U.S. loan to the International Monetary Fund, following up on an international commitment to triple IMF resources for struggling nations.

The request, though, could prove politically tricky as Republicans keyed in on spending are raising questions about why such a hefty amount of money is being stuck in the war funding bill before Congress this week.

"Forcing taxpayers to borrow another $100 billion from China to bail out foreign countries makes no (sense) when we're already facing record debt and millions of Americans are losing their jobs here at home," an aide to Sen. Jim DeMint, R-S.C., said in an e-mail. The aide said DeMint would offer an amendment to strip the money.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/05/13/obama-requests-funds-billion-loan-imf/

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

No problem, ...... the taxpayers don't mind. Empty Re: No problem, ...... the taxpayers don't mind.

Post by Aaron Thu May 14, 2009 2:19 pm

I wonder how much I would have to pay in taxes if we weren't supporting the UN, most of the relief agencies in the world, about every other nation in the world, paying for over 350K of our military men and women stationed in over 150 countries, and the millions on welfare rolls and every other entitlement program one can conceive at home.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

No problem, ...... the taxpayers don't mind. Empty Re: No problem, ...... the taxpayers don't mind.

Post by Cato Thu May 14, 2009 3:21 pm

Aaron wrote:I wonder how much I would have to pay in taxes if we weren't supporting the UN, most of the relief agencies in the world, about every other nation in the world, paying for over 350K of our military men and women stationed in over 150 countries, and the millions on welfare rolls and every other entitlement program one can conceive at home.

That's a good question. I wonder how much less the federal budget would be if we weren't paying for the things you mentioned? Maybe just maybe, we wouldn't have to pay federal income tax.

Cato

Number of posts : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Thu May 14, 2009 5:23 pm

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124227027965718333.html

I look for more of this.
ohio county
ohio county

Number of posts : 3207

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Fri May 15, 2009 4:03 am

The results of such efforts are evident in the rich rewards that public-sector employees now enjoy. A study in 2005 by the nonpartisan Employee Benefit Research Institute estimated that the average public-sector worker earned 46% more in salary and benefits than comparable private-sector workers. The gap has only continued to grow. For example, state and local worker pay and benefits rose 3.1% in the last year, compared to 1.9% in the private sector, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).

But the real power of the public sector is showing through in this economic crisis. Some five million private-sector workers have lost their jobs in the last year alone, and their unemployment rate is above 9% according to the BLS. By contrast, public-sector employment has grown in virtually every month of the recession, and the jobless rate for government workers is a mere 2.8%.

AHH SO, the ........ Socio-Economic Inverse Pyramid

of ....................... Private Sector Workers to Government Employees

just keeps getting bigger n' bigger ....... and more top-heavy as each year passes by.

In the private sector such efforts will still be subject to the demands of the marketplace. Employers who are too generous with pay and benefits will be punished. In the public sector, however, more union members means more voters. And more voters means more dollars for political campaigns to elect sympathetic politicians who will enact higher taxes to foot the bill for the upward arc of government spending on workers.

That will be the pattern for the indefinite future unless taxpayers find a way to roll back the enormous power public workers have acquired.

That will be the pattern ....... until that Inverse Pyramid topples over with a big crash.

No problem, ...... the taxpayers don't mind. 197570 No problem, ...... the taxpayers don't mind. 197570 No problem, ...... the taxpayers don't mind. 197570 No problem, ...... the taxpayers don't mind. 197570

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down