WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supreme Court Refuses to Block Fence

4 posters

Go down

Supreme Court Refuses to Block Fence Empty Supreme Court Refuses to Block Fence

Post by ohio county Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:58 pm

Maybe they can delay until they have a "wise Latina" on the court...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090615/pl_afp/usmexicoborderimmigrationcourt
ohio county
ohio county

Number of posts : 3207
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Supreme Court Refuses to Block Fence Empty Re: Supreme Court Refuses to Block Fence

Post by Aaron Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:37 pm

I'm not suprised. In this day and age, whatever the feds want, the feds get. I only wonder if the states retain any rights.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Supreme Court Refuses to Block Fence Empty Re: Supreme Court Refuses to Block Fence

Post by Stephanie Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:16 pm

Aaron,

I'm unclear as to what your position on this issue is. Don't you agree the federal government has not just the right, but a duty, to protect all the citizens of our nation by securing our border with Mexico?
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:52 pm

Not at the price of running rough shod over state and local laws by completely ignoring them and waiving dozens of federal laws that protect water quality, air quality, endangered animals, and ancient native American sites, especially when it won't work.

What would work would be to pull ALL of our troops home and set them up along the border at 50 meter intervals with machine guns and shoot on site orders. With all of our technology, we can't miss em. And the Navy could patrol the oceans and the Air Force can patrol the air and randomly drop bombs on gangs of 4 or more people within a couple of miles of the fence.

That would work.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:45 am

Aaron wrote:Not at the price of running rough shod over state and local laws by completely ignoring them and waiving dozens of federal laws that protect water quality, air quality, endangered animals, and ancient native American sites, especially when it won't work.

First let me say that I don't think there are any "ancient native American sites" right on the border that need protecting. And protecting "all present day American rights" are more important.

Secondly, I don't see how a border fence will have any affect on water quality or air quality.

And thirdly, all that "endangered animals" crap is getting FUBAR and really only being used by the greenies and conservationists to prevent, impede and totally halt any and all types of new construction, demolitions and land use practices ..... as well as to force their demands upon the public in their silly attempt at controlling AGW.

The DOT replaced a bridge spanning the Elk at the lower end of Gassaway. But the greenies and conservationists sued and won, preventing the DOT from removing the old bridge piers from the Elk, citing an “endangered” mussel that lived in the waters near said piers.

But “DUH”, those per say “endangered” mussels were living in those waters long before those piers where built in the middle of their “bed” and they have been surviving there for nigh onto 90 years since the piers where constructed there.

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:08 am

I largely agree with Sam. I am all about state rights, but our sovereignty and our security are crucial and the federal government has not only the right, but is obligated to protect our sovereignty and keep the people safe. No individual landowner, or town, or even state has the right to prevent them from doing it.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:37 am

But building a fence won't keep us safe. They'll just find another way in. It's a HUGE waste of taxpayer dollars.

If you want to keep Mexicans out, then you've got to start by making it difficult for them being here. Stop giving them health care, housing, education and every other thing we give them for being here.

And repeal inane trade agreements that allow huge corporate farmers in the US southwest to flood Mexico with their cheap products that have so many coming here because they can't find work in their own country.

There are many answers and I don't even claim to know them all. What I do know that wasting billions of tax dollars isn't one of them.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:14 pm

Aaron,

I agree with you that we have to stop making violating our immigration laws profitable. However, the fence won't just stop people looking for work from entering our country, it will help prevent drug traffickers, violent criminals and terrorists from crossing into the US from Mexico.

I don't claim to have all the answers either and I don't think that the fence is the entire solution. It is part of the solution to a complex problem.

Legalizing, or even just decriminalizing, recreational drugs such as marijuana and cocaine would be a big help too.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:43 pm

The 700 mile fence is but a fraction of our border. Wasting taxpayer money on the fence is not going to keep people out that want in, whether they be illegal immigrants, drug dealers, terrorist or refugees. It's a very expensive coat of paint slapped on a rotten building with a crumbling foundation. It only gives the appearance that something was done to address the problem.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:50 pm

We have to start somewhere. I favore a 20' high, double, high-charged electrical fence the entire route.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:13 pm

I would prefer to see Washington stop throwing my tax dollars away on wasteful projects that have no chance of success but that's just me.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down