WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A letter regarding the vote on the Climate Bill

Go down

A letter regarding the vote on the Climate Bill Empty A letter regarding the vote on the Climate Bill

Post by Cato Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:26 am

Dear, Mr. Rahall, Mr. Mollohan, and Mrs. Capito:

Dear Sir:

I am writing you to request that you reject the Global Warming Bill that will come before the house sometime this week, according to the news media. I would like to point out to you the following:

1. My wife and I are middle middle income and are being taxed at a rate that we can no longer afford. We paid enough in federal income tax alone to send our last child to college for one year. That would include all expenses, including room and board. We CANNOT afford any additional taxation, which is exactly what cap and trade is.

2. Man made Global Warming is a fallacy. I want to call your attention to the following web site, www.oism.org/pproject/ . This site contains a petition signed by nearly 31,000 scientists requesting congress reject all Global Warming legislation. I know one of the signatories personally. I had the gentleman for a silviculture class at WVU. His name is Harry V. Wiant, P. Hd. I believe this proves beyond a doubt that the signers of this petition have some idea of what they are speaking about and that this petition is no hoax. You would do well to listen to what these people have to say and to their reasoning.

3. The climate bill will devastate West Virginia economically, since the state relies heavily on coal severance taxes. Additionally, it will add to unemployment in counties dependant on coal mining for jobs.

4. The technology is not yet available to replace fossil fuels, despite what you may believe. This nation’s transportation system runs on fossil fuels. With the exception of rail lines powered by electric overhead lines where the electricity is generated by nuclear or hydroelectric plants, it is oil that powers our transportation system. There is nothing yet available to replace oil. The bill you will be considering will either price a lot of transportation out of the market or run the cost up, which will ultimately be pasted on to the consumer, which the consumer cannot afford.

Sincerely,

Charles Hill
Moorefield, WV

Cato

Number of posts : 2010
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down