WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Gayby boom': Children of gay couples speak out

+5
Aaron
Cato
SamCogar
Keli
ziggy
9 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

'Gayby boom': Children of gay couples speak out Empty 'Gayby boom': Children of gay couples speak out

Post by ziggy Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:09 pm

Levey is part of the "gayby boom" generation. The 29-year-old management consultant is the son of a lesbian couple who chose to have a child through artificial insemination. He's their only child.

Critics of same-sex marriage say people such as Levey will grow up shunned and sexually confused. Yet he says he's a "well-adjusted heterosexual" whose upbringing proves that love, not gender, makes a family.

"You can imagine what my parents thought when I was 13 and listening to Rush Limbaugh everyday," Levey says. "But my family had strong family values. I was raised in a loving, caring household that let me be a free thinker."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/wayoflife/06/28/gayby/index.html?iref=mpstoryview
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

'Gayby boom': Children of gay couples speak out Empty Re: 'Gayby boom': Children of gay couples speak out

Post by Keli Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:30 pm

ziggy wrote:
Levey is part of the "gayby boom" generation. The 29-year-old management consultant is the son of a lesbian couple who chose to have a child through artificial insemination. He's their only child.

Critics of same-sex marriage say people such as Levey will grow up shunned and sexually confused. Yet he says he's a "well-adjusted heterosexual" whose upbringing proves that love, not gender, makes a family.

"You can imagine what my parents thought when I was 13 and listening to Rush Limbaugh everyday," Levey says. "But my family had strong family values. I was raised in a loving, caring household that let me be a free thinker."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/wayoflife/06/28/gayby/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

This proves that homosexual is what a person DOES--not what a person IS. It is NOTION--not NATURE or NURTURE that results in homosexuality. (No one is born a pedophile, adulterer or thief either! Everyone is born with a sinful nature capable of any sin.)
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River

Back to top Go down

'Gayby boom': Children of gay couples speak out Empty Re: 'Gayby boom': Children of gay couples speak out

Post by ziggy Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:43 pm

This proves that homosexual is what a person DOES--not what a person IS. It is NOTION--not NATURE or NURTURE that results in homosexuality. (No one is born a pedophile, adulterer or thief either! Everyone is born with a sinful nature capable of any sin.)

So is "sinful" what a person does, or what a person is?
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:49 pm

ziggy wrote:

Yes.
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:14 am

ziggy wrote:

Ask, ...... "Mirror, mirror on the wall, ........"

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:04 am

But it was not Mirror on the Wall that said, "Everyone is born with a sinful nature capable of any sin."
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:20 am

ziggy wrote:But it was not Mirror on the Wall that said, "Everyone is born with a sinful nature capable of any sin."

Nope, God said it.

That's what people hate so about Christainity. It lays the blame where it belongs, with those that commit sinful acts. Each and everyone of us make choices. We choose to be homosexual, adulterers, theives, murderers, rapists, pedophiles. We are not born that way, we make the choice. We are thus responsibile for the choices we make. We bear the consequences as well receive the rewards of our choices.

Cato

Number of posts : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:14 pm

Cato wrote:
ziggy wrote:But it was not Mirror on the Wall that said, "Everyone is born with a sinful nature capable of any sin."

Nope, God said it.

No, Keli said it. Is Keli now to be considered God?

And he answered "Yes" when I asked if sinful is what a person is.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:58 am

Then who was it that said that to you and made you believe that what you were supposed to do?

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:29 pm

SamCogar wrote:

Then who was it that said that to you and made you believe that what you were supposed to do?

Keli said it.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:08 am

ziggy wrote:
SamCogar wrote:

Keli said it.

So that's why you believed it?
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:09 pm

I did not say I believe it. I don't care what Keli- nor his God- says about it. I do not believe in the Christian doctrine of what is called original sin.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:34 pm

ziggy wrote:
Cato wrote:

Nope, God said it.

Keliu just repeated what God said. If you repeat what George Bush said does that make you George Bush?

Cato

Number of posts : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:47 pm

Cato wrote:
ziggy wrote:
Cato wrote:

Nope, God said it.

Keliu just repeated what God said. If you repeat what George Bush said does that make you George Bush?

George Bush is not an invention of Ziggy. But Keli's God is an invention of Keli. So if Keli quotes his God, then Keli is quoting himself.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:01 am

ziggy wrote:I did not say I believe it. I don't care what Keli- nor his God- says about it. I do not believe in the Christian doctrine of what is called original sin.

If you don't believe it then why do you get so worked up about it.

Geeze.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:26 am

If you don't believe it then why do you get so worked up about it.

Geeze.

Keli is the one who is worked up about it. It was his post. And you have apparently adopted his crusade since he bailed out- again. So you tell us.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:20 am

I didn't adopt anything. I simply ask you two questions of which you never answered. So I'll add a third to the list.

Keli is posting his religious beliefs and you question them which is fine. But what you are questioning them with is your own religious belief and you do so in a badgering, belittling way when you tell him his faith is wrong.

Here's the question. As your faith has never been proven, just like Keli's, what right do you have to demean his beliefs in the manner you do?
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:08 pm

I did not say that Keli's faith is wrong. I said that it was his and not mine.

I am not demeaning his beliefs. I am saying that while they may be right for him, that does not make them right for everyone.

But that Keli hits and runs and won't stick around to defend his own words speaks volumes.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:07 pm

ziggy wrote:I did not say that Keli's faith is wrong. I said that it was his and not mine.

I am not demeaning his beliefs. I am saying that while they may be right for him, that does not make them right for everyone.

But that Keli hits and runs and won't stick around to defend his own words speaks volumes.

Keli states what he believes and leaves it at that. You on the other hand somehow think you have a right to speak for everyone else and not just yourself and yes you have said his faith is wrong. That speaks volume’s about you.

So who elected you spokeperson for the anti-christian society?
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:17 pm

No one.

Who elected Keli or you or anyone else spokesperson for Christianity?
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:22 pm

Keli states what he believes and leaves it at that.

When Keli posts on a public forum he needs to expect to be challenged. This is not a church pulpit from which dissent is disallowed.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:52 pm

Why?
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:54 pm

Because people like you and I cause it to be that way.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:16 pm

He should be exected to back up affirmative statements that involve factual evidence. And he could do that with his regarding Sin using the available resources to him, his bible but then you wouldn't accept it.

So once again, WHY?
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:33 pm

Aaron wrote:He should be exected to back up affirmative statements that involve factual evidence. And he could do that with his regarding Sin using the available resources to him, his bible but then you wouldn't accept it.

First he would need to establish that his bible represents "factual evidence".
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next