WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Byrd wants Healthcare legislation named after Teddy

5 posters

Go down

Byrd wants Healthcare legislation named after Teddy Empty Byrd wants Healthcare legislation named after Teddy

Post by Cato Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:34 am

Byrd: Rename health care bill for Kennedy

Ailing Senator Robert Byrd, one of only two to have served longer than Kennedy, suggests in an emotional statement renaming the pending health care legislation for the late Massachusetts Senator:

In his honor and as a tribute to his commitment to his ideals, let us stop the shouting and name calling and have a civilized debate on health care reform which I hope, when legislation has been signed into law, will bear his name for his commitment to insuring the health of every American.

Here's a man that carries a copy of the US Constitution over his heart. We know, because he's told us so many times. Yet, it means nothing to him. He calls for civilized debate and yet civilized only applies to legislation he wants passed. He has the gall to suggest the bill be named after a drunk, womanizing, cowardly murderer. Of course, there is something poetic about that suggestion. The Healthcare bill would do to the public, especially the segment of the public that produces and plays by the rules, what Teddy did to Jo Ann Kepeckne.

He wants debate on legislation that few if any have read less conprehend. The man declares himself to be a historian of the Senate and yet he denies the very founding priniples real statesmen like Hamilton and Madison fought and risk their lives for. I remind you the healthcare bill is over 1,000 pages in length. Obviously Byrd never read or he just ignores the wisdom offered by Hamilton or Madison in the 62nd federalist paper.

Byrd is no God. He is not roylaity. He is not part of some "ruling elite" He's a man. He craps behind a set of shoeheels just like the rest of us. He's a failure and it's time for him to go. Let him go back to Sophia, West Virginia and spend his remaining days there, far away from the Halls of Congress, so he can't further do damamge tot he working producing public.

Cato

Cato

Number of posts : 2010
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Byrd wants Healthcare legislation named after Teddy Empty Re: Byrd wants Healthcare legislation named after Teddy

Post by Keli Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:00 am

Cato wrote:Byrd: Rename health care bill for Kennedy

Ailing Senator Robert Byrd, one of only two to have served longer than Kennedy, suggests in an emotional statement renaming the pending health care legislation for the late Massachusetts Senator:

In his honor and as a tribute to his commitment to his ideals, let us stop the shouting and name calling and have a civilized debate on health care reform which I hope, when legislation has been signed into law, will bear his name for his commitment to insuring the health of every American.

Here's a man that carries a copy of the US Constitution over his heart. We know, because he's told us so many times. Yet, it means nothing to him. He calls for civilized debate and yet civilized only applies to legislation he wants passed. He has the gall to suggest the bill be named after a drunk, womanizing, cowardly murderer. Of course, there is something poetic about that suggestion. The Healthcare bill would do to the public, especially the segment of the public that produces and plays by the rules, what Teddy did to Jo Ann Kepeckne.

He wants debate on legislation that few if any have read less conprehend. The man declares himself to be a historian of the Senate and yet he denies the very founding priniples real statesmen like Hamilton and Madison fought and risk their lives for. I remind you the healthcare bill is over 1,000 pages in length. Obviously Byrd never read or he just ignores the wisdom offered by Hamilton or Madison in the 62nd federalist paper.

Byrd is no God. He is not roylaity. He is not part of some "ruling elite" He's a man. He craps behind a set of shoeheels just like the rest of us. He's a failure and it's time for him to go. Let him go back to Sophia, West Virginia and spend his remaining days there, far away from the Halls of Congress, so he can't further do damamge tot he working producing public.

Cato

Byrd also wants Obama's middle name changed to "Fitzgerald."
Obama wants to rename West Virginia to "Byrdginia."
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River

Back to top Go down

Byrd wants Healthcare legislation named after Teddy Empty Re: Byrd wants Healthcare legislation named after Teddy

Post by Aaron Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:29 am

Like him or not, Kennedy did champion a government takeover of the healthcare industry so I have no problem with naming what I hope will be failed legislation after him.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:02 am

Aaron wrote:Like him or not, Kennedy did champion a government takeover of the healthcare industry so I have no problem with naming what I hope will be failed legislation after him.

I agree. I hope that Kennedy Care is water under the Chappaquiddick bridge.
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River

Back to top Go down

Post by sodbuster Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:02 pm

Well Aaron I admire your candor in saying you hope it fails.

sodbuster

Number of posts : 1890
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:04 pm

The current versions that are in the house and the Senate, I don't have a problem in saying I hope it fails. I know we need reform, especially in areas such as dropping coverage, denying coverage, covering pre-existing conditions and the cost. I just don't think what is in Congress is the answer.

I've been pretty vocal both on here and facebook in saying I believe before the government takes on all insurance, they should clean up what they have first. Medicare will fail in less then 10 years and faces nearly $40 trillion in unfunded liabilities and an expansion of that program or something like it is not the answer. We can't afford it.

Perhaps if the government could clean up Medicare, eliminate the fraud, waste and mismanagement, reduce the unfunded liabilities and shore up the trust fund so that it becomes an efficient program to model public health care after, I might change my mind. Until the, I can not in good conscience support anything that is only going to sink us further in debt.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:55 am

Aaron wrote:Perhaps if the government could clean up Medicare, eliminate the fraud, waste and mismanagement, reduce the unfunded liabilities and shore up the trust fund so that it becomes an efficient program to model public health care after, I might change my mind. Until the, I can not in good conscience support anything that is only going to sink us further in debt.

But Aaron, ... Aaron, ... Aaron, ... by doing that it would eliminate all the "troughfeeders" associated with that government program .......... and the Democrats won't stand for that.

Why even if Obama gets his new Health Care Program passed ...... the Democrats will likely demand that Medicare and Medicaid be kept intack for at least 20 years as a safeguard in the event the new Program doesn't work out.

cheers lol! lol! lol! lol!

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down