WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Navy SEALs Face Assault Charges for Capturing Terrorist

3 posters

Go down

Navy SEALs Face Assault Charges for Capturing Terrorist Empty Navy SEALs Face Assault Charges for Capturing Terrorist

Post by Keli Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:58 pm

Navy SEALs Face Assault Charges for Capturing Most-Wanted Terrorist
Fox News ^ | Tuesday, November 24, 2009 | By Rowan Scarborough

Navy SEALs have secretly captured one of the most wanted terrorists in Iraq — the alleged mastermind of the murder and mutilation of four Blackwater USA security guards in Fallujah in 2004. And for their trouble, three of the SEALs, members of the Navy's elite commando unit, are now facing criminal charges, sources told FoxNews.com.

The three have refused non-judicial punishment — called an admiral's mast — and requested a trial by court-martial.

Ahmed Hashim Abed, whom the military code-named "Objective Amber," told investigators he was punched by his captors — and he had the bloody lip to prove it.

I just hope that they Mirandized him. Shouldn't he be able to take them on Judge Judy?
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Navy SEALs Face Assault Charges for Capturing Terrorist Empty Re: Navy SEALs Face Assault Charges for Capturing Terrorist

Post by Cato Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:52 pm

All this proves is how pathetic the Obama administration is.

Cato

Number of posts : 2010

Back to top Go down

Navy SEALs Face Assault Charges for Capturing Terrorist Empty Re: Navy SEALs Face Assault Charges for Capturing Terrorist

Post by Keli Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:58 am

Cato wrote:All this proves is how pathetic the Obama administration is.

Given "capture or kill" orders--the only option is to kill; otherwise, you could be charged for assault.
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:17 pm

They punched him in the gut and as a result, it appears their superiors decided to make punishment official instead of simply reading them the right act.

So instead of slapping them on the wrist and leaving it at that someone decided that non-judicial punishment was required and as such ordered an Admiral’s Mast.

If found guilty, the commanding officer could order a range of punishment found here. The question here is, was the treatment, a punch in the stomach, enough to warrant a non-judicial punishment?

It seems a bit harsh to me but then I wasn't there, don't know what the seaman were told in tier briefings before the mission and don't know what was said after the mission. It seems to me that someone screwed the pooch on this one.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down