WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well, are you happy?

+2
Aaron
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
6 posters

Go down

Well, are you happy? Empty Well, are you happy?

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:23 am

Looks like you chased another one off... C-c-c-c-can't we all just get along?

You guys remind me of the two guys that went hunting. As they walked through the woods, they came to a small hill. The one says to the other, "If we both go around this side of the hill together, there could be a deer on the other side--and we would miss it. AND, if we both go around that side of the hill together, there could be a deer on the this side--and we would miss it. So, you go that way. I'll go this way. And, we will meet on the other side. Okay?" The other hunt says, "Okay." When the one hunter gets almost all the way around, he sees something moving from the other direction and he shoots. Well, you guessed it, he shot his buddy. He rushes him to the ER. He waits and waits in the waiting room; and then finally, the doctor comes out. The doctor says solemnly, "I'm sorry...we couldn't save your buddy...." The hunter says, "Why...has was he shot that bad?" The doctor said, "NO...he probably would have survived, if you hadn't gutted him."
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Number of posts : 2310
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Well, are you happy? Empty Re: Well, are you happy?

Post by Aaron Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:48 am

If she doesn't come back, it's for one of two reasons. Either she was exactly who I thought she was and she thinks she got what she needs to fulfil her objective. If that's the case then there's not much we can do about that.

If that's not the case and I was wrong, well then she just couldn't hang and to be honest, I would just as soon not argue at all then argue with someone who who's only validation of their argument is "because I said so."

If you go back and read the post from Sunday, which is the last day she was here, when I was insulting her, she responded to each and every one. It wasn't until I stopped insulting her and started challenging her that she quit responding and she hasn't been back since.

So the way I see it, while she may not like being called a dumbass, at least she'll respond. She only stopped responding when I proved it.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:49 am

All of this begs a question Armon. Do you think I should include diplomacy in my potential field of employment?
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:17 pm

Aaron wrote:If she doesn't come back, it's for one of two reasons. Either she was exactly who I thought she was and she thinks she got what she needs to fulfil her objective. If that's the case then there's not much we can do about that.

If that's not the case and I was wrong, well then she just couldn't hang and to be honest, I would just as soon not argue at all then argue with someone who who's only validation of their argument is "because I said so."

If you go back and read the post from Sunday, which is the last day she was here, when I was insulting her, she responded to each and every one. It wasn't until I stopped insulting her and started challenging her that she quit responding and she hasn't been back since.

So the way I see it, while she may not like being called a dumbass, at least she'll respond. She only stopped responding when I proved it.

Hopefully, she is just on vacation... I think that she can take as well as give.
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Number of posts : 2310
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:50 pm

Compared to the Aaron I knew at first, you ARE a diplomat. I don't remember your having owned anybody for a long time.
ohio county
ohio county

Number of posts : 3207

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:53 pm

We all mellow in our old age Jimmy. Give me 10 more years and I'll be a liberal.

Seriously though, I think the guest situation may have contributed to this as well. It's hard to discuss with someone what all was said if they can't read it.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:59 pm

I guess we'll see. I thought discussion was spirited but civil.
ohio county
ohio county

Number of posts : 3207

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:44 pm

Honestly OC, regardless of whether she was who I thought she was or not, I don't think she was smart enough to keep up with the discussion.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:23 pm

You know, Aaron, that not only unkind but unfair.

We have some truly brilliant people in this forum and it can be intimidating. I have a couple of friends here that have told me they are intimidated by a couple of our most gracious posters simply because they are so knowlegable.

In addition, we have several posters who are basically experts in some fields. It makes it tough. Many times I'm fearlful of sounding "stupid" or "dumb". I know I'm neither, but I also know I'm not as well versed in history as you or Michael, or theology as most of you and when it comes to technology most of you are light years ahead of me. Jim should be a stateman, for crying out loud.

Getting to know who is who and what they know is probably daunting in itself we've been chatting together for so long now. In any event, I disagree with her on many things, and I think she gets far too much of her information from sources like CNN & NYT, but I don't think she is an idiot.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:14 pm

Unkind maybe, unfair, far from it. There are a great many things I don't know but unlike AC, I don't pretend to be something I'm not. I read almost EVERY link and research the vast majority of topics before I comment. And then I only comment when I feel confident I can contribute to the conversation.

When she and I discussed the constitutionality of social security, I did everything but write her a thesis on why she was wrong. Likewise on foreign aid. But instead of learning or researching either subject, she continued to post tripe and garbage that was no where near relevant and called me every name in the book to boot.

The one thing I regret is that I called her a dumbass. I don't mind when people call me names as I know that is when I'm getting to them and as such, I never should have called her a name like that. Other then that, I don't have a problem with any of what I said.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:46 am

Stephanie wrote:We have some truly brilliant people in this forum and it can be intimidating. I have a couple of friends here that have told me they are intimidated by a couple of our most gracious posters simply because they are so knowlegable.

Steph, is that the reason our Public Education system has sunk to the bottom of the cesspool? Are all the students from K thru 16 so intimidated by the vast knowledge of their Teachers and Professors that it makes it impossible for them to pay attention and learn? I DON'T THINK SO.

Stephanie wrote:In addition, we have several posters who are basically experts in some fields. It makes it tough. Many times I'm fearlful of sounding "stupid" or "dumb".

AH SO, now you are talking the "nitty-gritty" of what is really being taught in our Public Education system beginning with "gusto" in Middle School or 6th or 7th Grade. Being taught by one's peers, that is, and being exacerbated by some Teachers.

Peers are teaching peers to "Don't be a nerd by being smart or we will make your life miserable" ....... and ..... "if you say something stupid or dumb because you ain't smart and we will laugh you out of the classroom".

And Teachers are exacerbating said because they are not doing anything to prevent it and even contribute to it in many cases.

Thus, one is nurtured to be intimidated, ...... but only by a specific group of people. To overcome said, one must re-program their mind to "ask a question when in doubt" ..... or, ..... don't make a "statement of fact" because that implies you know or believe it, .... which is clearly not so or you wouldn't be pondering if it was stupid or dumb. CYA, say you read or heard it. Razz Razz Razz

Stephanie wrote:In any event, I disagree with her on many things, and I think she gets far too much of her information from sources like CNN & NYT, but I don't think she is an idiot.

One of two things, she gets her "jollies": (1) out of toying with your mind or (2) has a fetish for verbal punishment. tongue tongue

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:09 am

You guys are incorrigible!
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:51 pm

Stephanie wrote:You guys are incorrigible!

But encouragable.
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down