WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yet Another Dog Fails to Bark

4 posters

Go down

Yet Another Dog Fails to Bark Empty Yet Another Dog Fails to Bark

Post by ohio county Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:28 am

The Civil Rights Division of the Justice Department is starting to rack up a hefty record of fines and sanctions. For months now the CRD has been stonewalling requests for information with regard to a case alleging the New Black Panther Party had violated the Voting Rights Act in Philadelphia by threatening voters at polling places. This is a case where the Black Panthers had essentially signaled their willingness to plead guilty. The CRD, inexplicably, dropped the charges.

Last summer a sanction of $587,000 was levied on another voter rights case out of Kansas, Johnson v. Miller, a case that was tried all the way to the Supreme Court.

Now, this week a federal judge in Western Missouri and Kansas has awarded more sanctions in U.S. v. Sturdevant, a housing discrimination suit in which the CRD failed to respond to interrogations by housing rights lawyers.

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:fcmp_cnGrAoJ:https://ecf.ksd.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin/show_public_doc%3F2007cv2233-433+%22david+waxse%22+%22stacy+sturdevant%22&hl=en&gl=us&sig=AHIEtbRyQwlsmuEYgecjrjOUm7ga7r8tVQ

Despite this pattern of stonewalling and arrogant closed-door machinations, the mainstream media acts as though these abuses never happened. Rather than the transparent and ethical Department of Justice that Obama promised, we have a DOJ that operates on the basis of race and politics. I guess it is a "change" but I perceive no hope in it.
ohio county
ohio county

Number of posts : 3207
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Yet Another Dog Fails to Bark Empty Re: Yet Another Dog Fails to Bark

Post by Stephanie Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:56 am

They're sorry, Jimmy, but they simply don't have time. They're too busy spreading hysteria about flying and searching for Tiger Woods to report trivial stuff like this.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:06 am

With a little luck a kid might fake climbing into his dad's weather balloon and taking it for a spin!
ohio county
ohio county

Number of posts : 3207

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:16 am

Now THAT would be AWESOME!
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:19 am

You know what else would be really cool? What if Charlie Sheen were involved in another domestic dispute? I really think it would be great if they did a little more reporting on what Michelle is wearing too.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:42 am

I turned on GMA this morning to see if school was closed and they were interviewing a father from AZ whose son was stolen. While I feel bad for him, I hardly see how that's national news.

It seems to me that every time I turn GMA on, they've got either a missing kid or a dead blonde and once again, I don't mean to be unsympathetic but I don't see how any of that is national news.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:54 am

Aaron wrote:I turned on GMA this morning to see if school was closed and they were interviewing a father from AZ whose son was stolen. While I feel bad for him, I hardly see how that's national news.

It seems to me that every time I turn GMA on, they've got either a missing kid or a dead blonde and once again, I don't mean to be unsympathetic but I don't see how any of that is national news.

Like you I'm not unsympathetic, but it isn't national news. What it does however, is draw in the "rubber neckers". So, in the end it draws audience and thus sells TV Time.

Cato

Number of posts : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:36 am

I'm not opposed to reporting missing children on national news. It may help locate them.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:03 pm

This isn't reporting missing children on national news, this is interviewing his father days after the fact and asking him stupid questions like "Are you willing and prepared to care for your child if he's found?"

It's why I don't watch the news anymore. I read it online and watch the video's of my choosing.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down