WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bot, bot, bot .... I thought my virus checker wasa .......

Go down

Bot, bot, bot .... I thought my virus checker wasa ....... Empty Bot, bot, bot .... I thought my virus checker wasa .......

Post by SamCogar Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:36 am

A computer botnet is known to have breached almost 75,000 computers in 2,500 organizations around the world, including user accounts of popular social network Web sites, according Internet security firm NetWitness.

The "Kneber botnet," as it's known, gathers login credentials to online financial systems, social networking sites and e-mail systems from infested computers and reports the information back to hackers, NetWitness said in a statement.

Ullrich agreed, saying, "The sad part about this is that it is really not that new." The botnet, he said, "has been around for quite a while now and is just the latest iteration of these more and more sophisticated botnets."

Users "should rely more on common sense than anti-virus software when deciding if a link or software is malicious," he said. "Sadly, anti-virus software has been shown to be largely ineffective these days."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35456838/ns/technology_and_science-security/

Bot, bot, bot .... I thought my virus checker wasa ....... 49761

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down