WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AGW proponents need to prove their claimed effects of CO2

Go down

AGW proponents need to prove their claimed effects of CO2 Empty AGW proponents need to prove their claimed effects of CO2

Post by SamCogar Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:04 pm

(A extracted posting from another Forum)

I think that it is still on AGW supporters to prove that the trace gas carbon dioxide is such an overwhelming climate factor that it, and it alone, was causing climate change up until 1995. Since 1995 I would argue that warming has stalled out despite vastly increased releases of C02 in the last 15 years.

Really this was a "rule out" other causes situation. Since we don't even know or understand all other potential climate factors and their interactions, the declaration by some self-appointed gurus that it was now proved beyond all reasonable doubt that carbon dioxide MUST be the cause of the warming from 1940 to 1995 was over-reaching and this pompous pretentiousness deserves to be parodied and mocked.

I get my factual insights from worldclimatereport.com which most often just reports much the same studies as everyplace else but points out where interpretations of the data go astray or are simply stonewalled by the mainstream media, which for many decades could not write a climate headline without over-blowing the evidence of AGW.

AGW is no doubt the greatest scientific blunder in the last 500 years. I believe there were three main categories of error:

1) Just how cold things were in the century previous to about 1965 was systematically exaggerated. Much of this happened because very scanty records from places like Antarctica, the Andes, and southern hemisphere oceans were supplemented by fragmented and anecdotal reports, the worst of which was IPCC using mountain climber reports and such, or statisticians simply filling in a data field with numbers they make up (which has been done in Antarctica a lot)

2) The Arctic ice summer meltback is most probably due to increasing dust and soot from China and central Asia, much of which is anthropogenic due to industry and Mongolian over-grazing of grasslands, but which is NOT carbon dioxide. Dust and soot falling on Arctic ice greatly accelerates solar warming during the long Arctic summer, but that is NOT a greenhouse gas effect.

3) Satellite and balloon temp measurements were indicating a cooling stratosphere up until the late 1990's when climate scientists convinced themselves that this data should be "corrected" by hand to make things look warmer. They talked themselves into believing that was all totally justified.

4) Many studies reported at worldclimatereport.com argue that there are no more "extreme weather events" now than there ever were. Arguably all that is happening is that today's level of over-reporting makes routine hurricanes look a lot more extreme than they really are.

5) Weather at some point does become climate. China in particular has had an extremely cold winter this year. This point is not sufficiently appreciated by many people, but an approaching little ice age can make a drought. Cold air does not hold as much moisture as warm air. NW China in particular has a terrible drought situation and record low temperatures, all of which will make pragmatic Chinese leaders more inclined to pay lip service to the West's fanatic insistence on AGW being absolutely valid, than to actually do anything that retards their economic growth.

MLCook

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down