WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boosh's fault?

5 posters

Go down

Boosh's fault? Empty Boosh's fault?

Post by Keli Sat May 01, 2010 7:13 am

DRUDGEREPORT:

NATIONAL ENQUIRER CLAIMS OBAMA CHEATING SCANDAL...

'Hotel security video could topple Obama's presidency'...

I wonder which one will get GM in the settlement?
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Boosh's fault? Empty Re: Boosh's fault?

Post by TerryRC Sat May 01, 2010 7:40 am

So we are taking the Enquirer as a reputable news source? good:

Boosh's fault? Natenquierersarahpalin

TerryRC

Number of posts : 2762
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat May 01, 2010 8:18 am

TerryRC wrote:So we are taking the Enquirer as a reputable news source? good:

It's not like they don't have a history on this subject.

Boosh's fault? 58918
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Sat May 01, 2010 8:22 am

So the Palin stuff is true?

The Enquirer got the Edwards thing right. If you put a million monkeys at typewriters, there is a small chance they will crank out the works of William Shakespeare.

Most of the time, however, you get nonsense...

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat May 01, 2010 8:32 am

I don't know if the Palin story is true. I'm sure part of it is. After all it is logical that she would try to cover up her daughters pregnancy considering she was a conservative governor about to be nominated to the second highest office in the land and of the 4 candidtates in nomination, she had the most experience. Why wouldn't she try to cover it up.

We do know the Edwards story is true, right down to the most sordid details. He not only cheated on his wife and fathered a bastard child, he did so DURING the campaign, lied about it daily and used his wife's recurring cancer as a ploy to get election, just as he used his sons death years earlier.

As for getting nonsense from the Enquirer, do you have some kind of statistics that show the majority of Enquirer stories are untrue? I would be interested in seeing that because were I a betting man, I'd say the while most are likely blown out of proportion, the vast majority are true to some degree.

Care to place a wager?

The Enquirer may focus excessively on the exploits of show-biz figures such as Billy Bob Thornton, Lindsay Lohan's father, and Larry Hagman, but if past issues are a guide, the tabloid isn't making this stuff up. And say whatever ugly things you will about the modern National Enquirer, it hasn't staged the filming of an exploding pickup truck like NBC News; it hasn't been taken by a serial liar, as was the New York Times; and it's avoided running preposterous stories about the U.S. government using nerve gas in Vietnam, as CNN did. Had Jack Kelley attempted to place his fictions in the Enquirer instead of USA Today, I'm sure the editors would have found him out.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Sat May 01, 2010 8:39 am

The Enquirer was in the running for a Pulitzer Prize for those monkeys pounding on a keyboard. They say they have video tape to prove it. I'm thinking they have video tape to prove it.

Will Michelle stand by her man? Stay tuned....
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat May 01, 2010 8:46 am

I just read the story and even if it is true, it won't topple his Presidency. If anything, he will come out, make a speech claiming how sorry he is for this ONE transgression, how he wronged Michelle and how it is a private matter and in the end, his approval ratings will go up.

For all the drivel liberals spout about double speak of the right, they are the biggest hypocrites in the world because they believe the continued lies of their leaders whereas those on the right will cast their swine out.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Sat May 01, 2010 8:54 am

As for getting nonsense from the Enquirer, do you have some kind of statistics that show the majority of Enquirer stories are untrue? I would be interested in seeing that because were I a betting man, I'd say the while most are likely blown out of proportion, the vast majority are true to some degree.

They lied about:

-kidnapping victim Elizabeth Smart
-Cameron Diaz
-the Palin/Hanson affair (at least I think)

I could go on, but it seems that your argument is that we should listen the the Enquirer because they only outright lie SOME of the time.

Excellent.

I agree that the Enquirer is probably more accurate than the NY Times, but that isn't saying much...

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat May 01, 2010 9:00 am

TerryRC wrote:As for getting nonsense from the Enquirer, do you have some kind of statistics that show the majority of Enquirer stories are untrue? I would be interested in seeing that because were I a betting man, I'd say the while most are likely blown out of proportion, the vast majority are true to some degree.

They lied about:

-kidnapping victim Elizabeth Smart
-Cameron Diaz
-the Palin/Hanson affair (at least I think)

I could go on, but it seems that your argument is that we should listen the the Enquirer because they only outright lie SOME of the time.

Excellent.

I agree that the Enquirer is probably more accurate than the NY Times, but that isn't saying much...

Citation pleae
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Sat May 01, 2010 9:09 am

For all the drivel liberals spout about double speak of the right, they are the biggest hypocrites in the world because they believe the continued lies of their leaders whereas those on the right will cast their swine out.

Like Reynolds and Hastert did with Foley? No wait, they covered up for him, first, then quietly asked for his resignation when the couldn't hide it anymore.

Democrats will throw their own under the bus IF THEY HAVE TO, just like republicans.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Sat May 01, 2010 9:12 am

Just google "National Enquirer noted lawsuits".

I remember when Smart's parents were painted as belonging to a "gay sex ring" by the Enquirer. Of course, it was completely made up and the Enquirer had to print a retraction and make public apology.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat May 01, 2010 9:13 am

You made the claim.

Citation please.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat May 01, 2010 9:17 am

TerryRC wrote:For all the drivel liberals spout about double speak of the right, they are the biggest hypocrites in the world because they believe the continued lies of their leaders whereas those on the right will cast their swine out.

Like Reynolds and Hastert did with Foley? No wait, they covered up for him, first, then quietly asked for his resignation when the couldn't hide it anymore.

Democrats will throw their own under the bus IF THEY HAVE TO, just like republicans.

Really? So Charles Rangel was booted from Congress? He is but one example. I'm sure there are many but I don't have time to do the research. Prom tonight and I've got to get kids going but I'd be interested in reading about all those Democrats have thrown under the bus tonight. If you could post it with all those Enquirer lies, I'll read them later.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Sat May 01, 2010 9:29 am

You made the claim.

Citation please.

Look it up, you have internets. Here is a bone for you, though: (linky)

Never mind, you got me. The Enquirer sets the goal for the highest standards of journalism

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat May 01, 2010 9:34 am

While I'm waiting on Zachary to get ready, I've done a bit of research.

The stories the Enquirer publishes about celebrities carry the risk that the celebrity will sue them for libel. Carol Burnett once won a libel judgement against the Enquirer for falsely claiming that she had been seen drunk in public, purportedly with Henry Kissinger; the fact that both of her parents suffered from alcoholism made this a particularly sensitive issue to Ms. Burnett. (In order to defend against libel, an article needs to have a substantial basis in fact.) This loss led to a considerable tightening of reporting standards with regard to stories about actual people and events. Subsequent celebrity stories broken in the Enquirer have generally been proven true; for example, it was the Enquirer which uncovered in 2001 that the Rev. Jesse Jackson had an illegitimate child. Revelations about some of the relevant facts in the Monica Lewinsky affair by some of the mainstream press in areas that they would have in the past been unlikely to have breached were justified by the claim that the details were already public knowledge in that stories about them had already been circulated on the Internet and in the Enquirer; it is unlikely that either would have been cited as a justification only a few years earlier when the Internet was still in its infancy and the Enquirer still regarded as merely a salacious "gossip sheet".

source
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat May 01, 2010 9:41 am

I never said the set the bar for the highest standards of journalism Terry. In fact, I never stated anything. The person making claims would be you.

TerryRC wrote:So the Palin stuff is true?

The Enquirer got the Edwards thing right. If you put a million monkeys at typewriters, there is a small chance they will crank out the works of William Shakespeare.

Most of the time, however, you get nonsense...

I merely challenged you to back up your claim to which you tried to squirm out of so I persisted

Meanwhile back at the ranch, I did just a little research and in a simple Google search, I've provided 2 separate references, that prove you wrong.

And all before my third cup of coffee.

Damn I'm good.

Boosh's fault? 81632 Boosh's fault? 249131 Boosh's fault? 81632 Boosh's fault? 249131 Boosh's fault? 81632 Boosh's fault? 249131
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Sat May 01, 2010 9:48 am

Aaron. They broke with a couple of scandals and got them right.

They have gotten some wrong, I provided you with three examples, one of which required a retraction AND apology.

If you think they are so trustworthy, go for it. I'll bet if they print some nonsense you don't like, you will discount them quick enough.

I'll let you get back to stroking yourself before that fourth cup of coffee.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat May 01, 2010 9:50 am

You made a claim that you've yet to prove Terry. Seems to me you've got some work to do. Get to hopping skippy.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Sat May 01, 2010 9:59 am

You made a claim that you've yet to prove Terry. Seems to me you've got some work to do. Get to hopping skippy.

I did and gave you a link. The Enquirer doesn't bother to check it's sources.

It accused Elizabeth Smart's devastated parents of doing horrible things to her, then had to take it all back.

So they get it right a few times. Can they still be trusted?

Whatever. Your idea that because they only are sloppy (or outright dishonest) ONCE IN AWHILE, we should take them seriously is ludicrous.

I'd rather get my news from FOX.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat May 01, 2010 10:41 am

Once again, I made no claims. I conterdicted yours. You posted one story that was false. I posted one that was. That's 50%, hardly a blind monkey pecking away at keys.

As for you link, it proved nothing that my link from the same source proved wrong.

As you made the claim, the burden of proof lies with you. Show us some proof of where the the "most of the time, you get non-sense." And as it is as cut and dried as you claim, you shouldn't have any trouble citing cold hard numbers on percentage of stories proven true.

Put up or shut up time.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Tue May 11, 2010 7:19 am

Did anyone notice that the Enquirer retracted their story about having video evidence about Obama's "affair"?

Shocked. Shocked, I am.

Boosh's fault? Natenquierersarahpalin

Boosh's fault? Palinaffair__oPt

Aaron, I don't consider the Enquirer to be credible. I have given examples of times they ran things they knew were likely false and never even tried to verify them. That is all I need to discount it as a source.

You just like them because they broke a scandal on a democrat.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Tue May 11, 2010 1:12 pm

I don't read the Enquirer. I just know they get as many right, if not more so, then they get wrong. That's a far cry from the "monkey's at a typewriter" and your three stories hardly reconcile your statement.

Face it Terry, you made a bullshit remark and was proven wrong. The best thing you can do is act make like the Enquirer and retract your statement.

Or you can continue to act like a baby that refuses to admit when you're wrong as you are here.

Were I a betting man...
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Tue May 11, 2010 4:14 pm

Jim Comstock used to claim that the WV Hillbilly had more subscribers in New York City than the New York Times had in West Virginia. I can say it was also a lot more fun to read (except the time he put essence of ramp in the ink. Following that fiasco Comstock claimed his was the only publication to have promised the Postal Service never to smell bad).
ohio county
ohio county

Number of posts : 3207

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down