WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy Fourth of July!

+4
TerryRC
SamCogar
Stephanie
Keli
8 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Happy Fourth of July! Empty Happy Fourth of July!

Post by Keli Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:50 pm

Happy Fourth of July! FREEPERS-CANTEENOURPRAYERSWITHUGIFV
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Happy Fourth of July! Empty Re: Happy Fourth of July!

Post by Keli Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:14 pm

"When I joined the military it was illegal to be homosexual, then it became optional. I'm getting out before Obama makes it mandatory."

GySgt Harry Berres, USMC
Keli
Keli

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:41 am

For the life of me, I can't understand why anyone would care what somebody else does, who they do it with, or how behind closed doors. I fail to see what sex has to do with serving our country.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:31 am

Stephanie wrote:For the life of me, I can't understand why anyone would care what somebody else does, who they do it with, or how behind closed doors. I fail to see what sex has to do with serving our country.

I am glad that you see homosexuality as a chosen activity and not a innate, genetic reality. Homosexual is what a person DOES--not what a person IS.

Consenting adults can do many things, but there are some actions restricted even to consenting adults. Prostitution. Statutory rape (It is a crime for anyone to have sex with another person--even though with a willing under-aged person.). Sex with an animal is deemed to be immoral and illegal. Concerning marriage, we conclude as a society that incest is harmful and thus refuse to allow family members to intermarry. Also, we conclude that polygamy is harmful and restrict Mormons and Muslims from marrying more than one consenting adult at a time. We have age requirements on marriages as well. There are reasons we place restrictions on marriage. Homosexuals have never received marital status in the history of mankind until recently. There is a reason for that. It is not productive to continue to shred the fabric of our society. The burden of proof for changing history’s traditional marriage should fall upon the supporters of the homosexual agenda. I have heard of no compelling reasons that suggest homosexual marriages are necessary to the well-being of our society.

Finally, the agenda pushed by the gay lobby encourages behavior deemed unacceptable by every major religion, by the vast majority of our society, and by nature’s evolutionary track itself. They already have the right to participate in aberrant behavior, but that isn’t enough. They want us to validate something we consider wicked. Where are the defenders of the law who claimed Alabama’s Chief Justice Roy Moore must be fired for defying the law through civil disobedience when he placed a monument to the Ten Commandments in the courthouse? Where is the uproar for the firing of San Francisco’s Mayor Gavin Newsom for defying the law by granting marriage certificates to homosexual couples? There won’t be one. The double standard against Christianity in the public square will be ignored by most, but we should not succumb to those who mock our faith. If homosexuals win this issue politically, the victory will be hollow for them and harmful to our society.
Keli
Keli

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:00 am

I fail to see what sex has to do with serving our country.

DUH, that's because it's a man "thingy".

You know who wins 98% of "the battle of the sexes" ........ but that ain't a shooting & killing battle.

No man wants a namby pamby "watching his ass" when the #1 Rule is ....... Shoot first and ask questions later.

And "DUH", ...... serving our country mandates logical decision making, not emotional decision making.

Emotional decisions will more than likely get yours or someone else's ass killed. The situation "playing out" along the US-Mexican Border is a "close-to-home" prime example of said.

Or, like the silly assed Rule our Military personell currently must abide by in Afghanistan: "Don't be shooting at anyone unless they shoot at you first".

Happy Fourth of July! 46059 Happy Fourth of July! 81632

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:00 am

No man wants a namby pamby "watching his ass" when the #1 Rule is ....... Shoot first and ask questions later.

As if, Sam, straight people can't hesitate under pressure...

Some of the fiercest fighters in the history of the world were homosexuals.

Ever hear of the Sacred Band of Thebes?

I am glad that you see homosexuality as a chosen activity and not a innate, genetic reality. Homosexual is what a person DOES--not what a person IS.

Steph never used the word choice, keli.

See for yourself: For the life of me, I can't understand why anyone would care what somebody else does, who they do it with, or how behind closed doors. I fail to see what sex has to do with serving our country.

I feel that dishonesty is a worse sin if committed by a "man of the cloth".

TerryRC

Number of posts : 2762
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:22 am

TerryRC wrote:No man wants a namby pamby "watching his ass" when the #1 Rule is ....... Shoot first and ask questions later.

As if, Sam, straight people can't hesitate under pressure...

Some of the fiercest fighters in the history of the world were homosexuals.

Ever hear of the Sacred Band of Thebes?

Well now, they weren't too f'ing fierce now were they?

It (Sacred Band of Thebes) was annihilated by Philip II of Macedon in the Battle of Chaeronea in 338 BC.

TRC, ever hear of the word "paiderastia" or know what it means?

Well, SURPRISE, SURPRISE, by present day standards every non-slave Thebian male was a homosexual with a homosexual lover.

So, your Sacred Band of Thebes might have been the most fiercest fighters in that army of homosexuals but that doesn't prove homosexuality makes one a more fearis fighter.

The social custom called paiderastia by the Greeks was both idealized and criticized in ancient literature and philosophy; it has no formal existence in the Homeric epics, and seems to have developed in the late 7th century BC as an aspect of Greek homosocial culture, which was characterized also by athletic and artistic nudity, delayed marriage for aristocrats, symposia, and the social seclusion of women. The influence of pederasty was so pervasive that it has been called "the principal cultural model for free relationships between citizens".

In general, pederasty as described in the Greek literary sources is an institution reserved for free citizens, perhaps to be regarded as a dyadic mentorship: "pederasty was widely accepted in Greece as part of a male's coming-of-age, even if its function is still widely debated."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theban_pederasty

TRC, guess how many homo queers you would have in America if they mandated the social seclusion of women and every male was encouraged to take up with another male as their lover & friend?

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:40 am

So, your Sacred Band of Thebes might have been the most fiercest fighters in that army of homosexuals but that doesn't prove homosexuality makes one a more fearis fighter.

Nor a less one, either. Stephanie is correct.
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:41 am

TRC, guess how many homo queers you would have in America if they mandated the social seclusion of women and every male was encouraged to take up with another male as their lover & friend?

But that isn't what is actually happening here, is it, Mr. Irrelevancies.

Homosexuality was also common in the Greek city-states, such as Sparta.

History tells us that just 300 of them held off the entire Persian army.

The fact is that there is no evidence that gays make any less effective soldiers than straight people, contrary to your uneducated assertions.

I wonder if the dislike of gay soldiers by people like you isn't really because you think they would hesitate to put their life on the line for you, but rather because you are afraid that you WOULD hesitate to put yours on the line for them....

You are afraid to find out what you actually are made of.

If someone is willing to sign up to defend our country, who cares what LEGAL activities the do in their free time?

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:39 am

TerryRC wrote:History tells us that just 300 of them held off the entire Persian army.

YUP, but if that mountain pass had been a lot narrower than it was it would only have taken 30 of them to held off the entire Persian army instead of the 300.

TerryRC wrote:I wonder if the dislike of gay soldiers by people like you isn't really because you think they would hesitate to put their life on the line for you, but rather because you are afraid that you WOULD hesitate to put yours on the line for them.... You are afraid to find out what you actually are made of.

HA, people that know me know exactly what I am made of and they will likely tell you, ..... "Yeah, though he walks through the valley of death he fears no evil, ..... because he can be one of the smartest, meanest, dirtiest, get-evenist SOB that ever walked through there".

And ps, TRC, me sure that I prefer a John Wayne type "watching" my backside, rather than a Rock Hudson type.

Girly-men with feminine attributes like to procrastinate and make emotional decisions. Not a good combination when one's life is "hanging by a thread".

Me thinks that is one of the reasons many liberals don't want people to have "concealed carry permits". They must truly believe that everyone is "just like them" and therefore carrying a pistol would do absolutely nothing to lessen or deter criminal activity, but would only provide more pistols for the criminals who would take them away from the weaselly retards who are afraid to defend themselves and prefer waiting for the cops to show up in an hour or 5.

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:57 am

Me thinks that is one of the reasons many liberals don't want people to have "concealed carry permits". They must truly believe that everyone is "just like them" and therefore carrying a pistol would do absolutely nothing to lessen or deter criminal activity, but would only provide more pistols for the criminals who would take them away from the weaselly retards who are afraid to defend themselves and prefer waiting for the cops to show up in an hour or 5.

I am getting my concealed carry permit.

HA, people that know me know exactly what I am made of and they will likely tell you, ..... "Yeah, though he walks through the valley of death he fears no evil, ..... because he can be one of the smartest, meanest, dirtiest, get-evenist SOB that ever walked through there".

An internet tough guy.

Girly-men with feminine attributes like to procrastinate and make emotional decisions. Not a good combination when one's life is "hanging by a thread".

We have won, Zig. When Sam breaks out the insults, he has run out of argument. He knows that he has no evidence that gays make less reliable soldiers than straight people.

I guess we are done here.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:37 pm

And "DUH", ...... serving our country mandates logical decision making, not emotional decision making.

Emotional decisions will more than likely get yours or someone else's ass killed.

Yeah, like the "emotional" decisions to make war in Vietnam and later in Iraq got 60,000 plus Americans killed and millions maimed for life.

Yesssirre. Real men like Lyndon Johnsoin and Shrub Bush wouldn't ever make emotional decisions that get "yours or someone else's ass killed".
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:36 pm

I don't think people are gay by choice. I'm straight, I had no choice. I am who and what I am. I think gay people are who and what they are. I still fail to see what that has to do with serving in the armed forces.

I don't want to watch Adam and Steve have sex, but I don't want to watch Adam and Eve do the deed either. Providing they aren't having sex in public, I don't see how it is any of my business, or anybody else's for that matter, who Adam or Steve or Eve has sex with.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:43 am

Stephanie wrote:I don't think people are gay by choice. I'm straight, I had no choice. I am who and what I am. I think gay people are who and what they are. I still fail to see what that has to do with serving in the armed forces.

Yea, you do make that choice. You may not realize it or have a desire to do other wise, but you choose to be hetro or homosexual.

Stephanie wrote:I don't want to watch Adam and Steve have sex, but I don't want to watch Adam and Eve do the deed either. Providing they aren't having sex in public, I don't see how it is any of my business, or anybody else's for that matter, who Adam or Steve or Eve has sex with.

As far as homosexuals serving in the military, they are citizens just like very other citizen in this nation. I don't care whether the are homo or hetro when it comes to the military, so long as they understand their duty and do it. They shoudl not be treated differently than anyone else

Cato

Number of posts : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:51 am

ziggy wrote:

Emotional decisions will more than likely get yours or someone else's ass killed.

Yeah, like the "emotional" decisions to make war in Vietnam and later in Iraq got 60,000 plus Americans killed and millions maimed for life.

Yesssirre. Real men like Lyndon Johnsoin and Shrub Bush wouldn't ever make emotional decisions that get "yours or someone else's ass killed".

Ziggy, your sociopathic emotional hatred of the Viet Nam War seems to have been "awakened" again.

For some people, those type of old "mental wounds" never completely heal, do they?

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:28 am

Stephanie wrote:I don't think people are gay by choice. I'm straight, I had no choice. I am who and what I am. I think gay people are who and what they are. I still fail to see what that has to do with serving in the armed forces.

Steph, do you also fail to see what homosexuality has to do with serving in the Priesthood? How about pedophiles serving as Day Care employees? How about gay and lesbian coaches in the Middle and High Schools?

Steph, it really has nothing to do with being hetero or homo, it has to do with the potential emotional attachments ..... which you very well know can cause really serious conflicts and gawd awful bad and/or destructive decisions being made.

Let a "love affair" get started between an enlisted person and an Officer and you are just "asking for trouble".

Steph, would you let or select you lover to go on a dangerous mission when you knew very well that there was a 95% chance he was going to get his arse shot full of extra holes? DUH

And iffen you didn't let or select him, and other troops knew he was your lover, ....... then DUH.

Steph, in time of War, they rotate or move all Commanding Officers to different positions, for good reasons.

They don't want them shot by someone who hates their ass. And I don't mean by someone in the opposing enemy forces.

Happy Fourth of July! 197570 Happy Fourth of July! 197570 Happy Fourth of July! 197570 Happy Fourth of July! 197570 Happy Fourth of July! 197570 Happy Fourth of July! 46059

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:48 am

SamCogar wrote:
ziggy wrote:

Ziggy, your sociopathic emotional hatred of the Viet Nam War seems to have been "awakened" again.

For some people, those type of old "mental wounds" never completely heal, do they?

And it was all for naught anyway, Sam. The emotional rantings, such as, "The enemy is defeated; he just doesn't know it yet" of a crazed Lyndon Johnson tell it all- the "mental wounds" of a simple-minded ziggy notwithstanding.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:16 am

Cato wrote:

Yea, you do make that choice. You may not realize it or have a desire to do other wise, but you choose to be hetro or homosexual.

You do not have any evidence of that. Like Stephanie, and like all of us, all you have is what you think about it. Stephanie is honest enough to say that it is what she thinks. Why can't you be that honest? Because that wouldn't suit your social agenda of a wannabe controller of the sexual practices of others?
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:20 pm

ziggy wrote:

You do not have any evidence of that. Like Stephanie, and like all of us, all you have is what you think about it. Stephanie is honest enough to say that it is what she thinks. Why can't you be that honest? Because that wouldn't suit your social agenda of a wannabe controller of the sexual practices of others ?

Are you dense or too stupid to read? Not once have I ever said the first word about wanting to control what consenting adults do in their bed room or anywhere else for that matter. As far as my social agenda goes, unlike leftists like you, I don't push my agenda on anyone, nor do I demand the government do it for me. Rest assured I'll stand my ground, but in the end I dont' demand people accept what I say.

As far as honest goes, I said what I think, If that doesn't suit you, too bad so sad.

Cato

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:07 pm

As far as my social agenda goes, unlike leftists like you, I don't push my agenda on anyone, ...................

Sure you do. When you tell us that you won't rent a property to a gay couple (how do you know who is gay, anyway?), then you are pushing your anti-gay agenda.

As far as honest goes, I said what I think, If that doesn't suit you, too bad so sad.

We knew you didn't have the evidence. So next time instead of proclaiming it as some great truth, just tell us up front that's its only what you think.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:24 pm

ziggy wrote:
As far as my social agenda goes, unlike leftists like you, I don't push my agenda on anyone, ...................

Sure you do. When you tell us that you won't rent a property to a gay couple (how do you know who is gay, anyway?), then you are pushing your anti-gay agenda.

Who is doing the real pushing here, me or you? You demand that I use my property in a manner I choose not to. You hold a gun to my head to make me comply. And Yes, Ziggy using the force of government to force me to comply is the same as holding a gun to my head. All I am doing is choosing to use my property, that I bought, paid for, and pay the taxes on as I see fit. And you have the guts to tell me I'm pushing an anti-homosexual agenda. The plain truth is, my leftist authoritarian, it is you and those like you that are pushing an agenda.

Cato

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:24 pm

All I am doing is choosing to use my property, that I bought, paid for, and pay the taxes on as I see fit.

And that you "see fit" to determine other people's sexuality, and then to rent or not rent to them based on that, shows that you have a sexual agenda- however couched in property ownership your holier-than-thou pretentiousness belies.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:06 am

I'd really like to know what evidence you have to back that statement up.

Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:12 am

SamCogar wrote:

Steph, do you also fail to see what homosexuality has to do with serving in the Priesthood? How about pedophiles serving as Day Care employees? How about gay and lesbian coaches in the Middle and High Schools?

Steph, it really has nothing to do with being hetero or homo, it has to do with the potential emotional attachments ..... which you very well know can cause really serious conflicts and gawd awful bad and/or destructive decisions being made.

Let a "love affair" get started between an enlisted person and an Officer and you are just "asking for trouble".

Steph, would you let or select you lover to go on a dangerous mission when you knew very well that there was a 95% chance he was going to get his arse shot full of extra holes? DUH

And iffen you didn't let or select him, and other troops knew he was your lover, ....... then DUH.

Steph, in time of War, they rotate or move all Commanding Officers to different positions, for good reasons.

They don't want them shot by someone who hates their ass. And I don't mean by someone in the opposing enemy forces.

Happy Fourth of July! 197570 Happy Fourth of July! 197570 Happy Fourth of July! 197570 Happy Fourth of July! 197570 Happy Fourth of July! 197570 Happy Fourth of July! 46059

You're too intelligent to actually be comparing homosexuals with pedophiles, Sam. I'm not biting.

However, I must ask, am I correct in believing you don't think women should serve in the military?
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:19 am

Stephanie wrote:
SamCogar wrote:

You're too intelligent to actually be comparing homosexuals with pedophiles, Sam. I'm not biting.

Stephanie,
What if a pedophile claims that pedophilia is not a choice for them? That pedophilia is a genetic predisposition? That being a pedophile is as normal as having brown eyes or brown hair for them? (Are the Catholic priests, who have been charged with sexual abuse, mostly homosexual or mostly pedohilic?)
Keli
Keli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next